1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Advice to Posters

Discussion in 'The Forum Wheel' started by AJ113, Jan 5, 2017.

1. AJ113

AJ113 Member

OK I'm new here, but I have a ton of online marketing experience.

I set up my first forum yesterday, and it was flooded with new members and new posts.

Out of 87 posts, I would say about three were actually on topic with the rest either being garbage or too bland to be convincing.

I'm a writer myself, in fact I make my living from it. If I was working as a poster here, I would visit other forums similar to the target forum and read up on the type of content required. In fact I would copy the posts and rewrite them. (NOT paste them!)

Your posts will never be convincing if they don't use the parlance and terminology of the niche you are posting in. This is not difficult - just copy from a similar forum, instead of posting bland bullshit. (By copy, I mean REWRITE).

Once you have made a few posts you will probably know enough to make a few posts of your own.

Whatever you do, stay on topic, and don't post crap - or don't post at all.

If this takes up a lot of time and effort, I would be willing to pay more, providing the posts were good quality.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

If you're not happy with the service that is being provided and seeing as the majority of posts have been 'garbage', 'bland', and bullshit, I'm guessing your not, haha...I'm sure that @KenBrace would be more than happy to discuss the issue with you. What we get paid is set by TFW so we could write 1000 word articles for you but we would only get paid the same as what we do for writing a 5 sentence post, so offering to pay more isn't going to raise the standard I'm afraid.

As you know, I'm from the UK and I've made about 8 posts on your forum in 2 days. If I made 100 I would have earned £4 so you can see for yourself that my posts are almost worthless. As a writer, would you still be willing to spend time visiting other forums, researching and studying a topic to be paid that amount?

Jason76 likes this.
  3. AJ113

AJ113 Member

I don't want to "discuss the issue", I just want relevant posts on my forum - today preferably. I'm a paying customer, and I'm letting you know exactly what I need. That should be gold dust to a service provider.

It is if TFW enables a feature to do it. In any case you could manufacture a scenario where you are posting less words, but ones which are highly relevant, which would be the equivalent of a rate increase. I don't need 1000 words, just 10 on topic would be a good start.

If I do something, I try to do it right. When you under promise, over deliver and outshine the competition, things happen.

FWIW your posts are just about the only ones making the grade.

pwarbi likes this.
  4. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

What's the current rating requirement for your site?

5. AJ113

AJ113 Member

I started at 1 because I didn't really know what I was doing. Then I changed it to 4, but it didn't really make any difference because I checked the ratings of all te posters and they were all 4 or over already.

6. KenBrace

I'm not sure if you've done this already but one important thing to do is mention your key concerns and expectations in the rules list. Writers are shown this and are asked to agree to it before they subscribe so it's a great way to get important points across.

Kaynil likes this.
  7. AJ113

AJ113 Member

Yep, done already - completely ignored by most posters.

8. KenBrace

Hopefully the new rating system will help with this.

9. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

Short is fine, due to the low payment, but bland could be a problem. However, as you were saying, blandness can often only be overcome by research and there isn't enough being payed out.

10. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

The ratings system should be designed to make sure those with top ratings are paid more, so they would have more incentive to write better, do research. Of course, those with low ratings won't be payed much, but might go the extra mile to get a promotion where they are getting paid.