1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Banning a Member & Post Credit

Discussion in 'Forum Owners' started by William, Nov 1, 2016.

1. William

William Member

Quick question, not only had I banned a member, but I deleted all posts made by them which they made within a time period of a couple of weeks? Should I be receiving a credit back for the posts that were deleted?

William

GearZ likes this.
  2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Yes, you'll get the credits back. I just need to approve the refund. The system catches post count decreases but requires that they be manually approved before taking effect. Otherwise, a data mismatch might subtract a user's credits for no reason. Whenever you need a refund just shoot me a PM with the site and the name of the user.

3. vij

vij Member

Thats not intuitive at all.
    I had deleted a bunch of double posts and also the odd bad one - can I get a refund accordingly?
    This manual thing just wastes a lot of time.

4. KenBrace

The system detects in automatically but I have to manually approve the reversals. This is because the system detects false reversals all the time. If a site is experiencing downtime or interruptions of some kind then it will return an inaccurate value, usually zero. Early on I allowed automatic reversals but users were constantly reporting randomly disappearing credits and that was why. It isn't very often that admins have to delete posts so I don't really see how it's a big waste of time. It only takes a minute or two the send a PM with the site and username. Besides, it shouldn't be super easy to delete posts that took hours to write. The writer's work shouldn't be deleted unless it's really bad. In that case, it shouldn't be too big of a deal to spend two or three minutes sending a PM.

Kaynil likes this.
  5. vij

vij Member

I think you should be transparent about this Ken. I had no clue I had to PM you everytime. Sending you PM now.

Noone takes hours to write the odd rare post that gets deleted. Talk about exaggeration from your side (as was from my end) :p

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  6. William

William Member

In my case it wasn't a badly written post or two, but an individual that was quite hostile. Their hostility led to several reports by others members that felt that they were being personally attacked. I thought it best to delete their entire history - the first time I have done so. If they were not a member of ForumWheel, I would of considered them a troll.

William

7. KenBrace

Yeah, I should probably have it added to the FAQ.

Ideally, I would like to have a simple form in the dashboard that allows the admin to submit a quick refund request. That would be easier than sending a PM.

Kaynil likes this.
  8. KenBrace

Yeah, I read some of the posts. I don't think a Christian forum was the best place for said individual.

You can be really talented at your profession but if you piss off your boss and coworkers then you'll get fired. This is essentially what happened from what I could tell. Getting along with the community is just as important as content quality.

Kaynil and William like this.