1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Content Writers Please Read

Discussion in 'The Forum Wheel' started by KimberlyD, Apr 22, 2015.

1. KimberlyD

KimberlyD Well-Known Member Moderator

As a moderator for one of the forums, a content writers, and a forum owner of TFW I have come across some disturbing things that I wish to address to you.

First off, I have noticed that few of you have not been utilizing the tools available to you in the Gateway and Community forums. These forums were created as a means to aid you in your content writing. As a content writer, you are held at a much higher standard of writing skills then that of a regular member. These forums are there to help you to understand what is expected of you and how to achieve that expectation. Inability to hold at these standards and expectations reflects poorly on TFW and its other writers. Therefore, I suspect that the owner of TFW will not tolerate this and expel anyone who is unable to hold to these standards. So please visit these forums frequently (at least once a day) to learn new information (whether you think yourself an expert or not, this information is good for you to read). Here is a link to the board I am most specifically referring to. http://theforumwheel.com/gateway/forums/posting-tips.29/

Secondly, there are two places in the boards that you should pay much attention to. The first is the http://theforumwheel.com/gateway/threads/grammar-and-punctuation-questions-thread.111/ and http://theforumwheel.com/gateway/threads/guide-to-quality-writing.277/. These two threads are vital for your understanding of what is considered a proper posting procedure in the forums. Knowing this information and utilizing it will help you to maintain your status and ratings with TFW.

Furthermore, be sure to stay on topic. Recently I went into a forum and spotted a post in a board that was completely off topic. This is a big no no. Read the description of the board you are posting in, look at the topic of the site itself. It will tell you what a proper posting topic is and is not. This is a must.

If you are unsure of what to write or how you are doing in your posting.... let the owner of TFW know. He can help you along or find someone who can. He has more people at his disposal then you realize to help you to be the best that you can be.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    Kaynil, jaisil, GearZ and 5 others like this.
  2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

I would like to add that I will be doing a purge. There have been several cases of content theft and poor quality writing. This reflects badly on our system and it's not something I will tolerate. Any user that is caught copying content will be immediately banned. Furthermore, any user who writes bad quality content that is not clear sounding English will also be banned. I hate having to ban people as I want to make everyone happy but unfortunately there are those individuals that abuse the system and don't take care to do a good job. So I am forced with no other option but to seriously crack down on the poor quality writers. So if you want to remain in our system then make sure that you pay close attention to the rules and don't write posts with bad English grammar or syntax.

3. KimberlyD

Based on what KenBrace has said... I suggest that everyone work with him and digitalsatori on improving your writing skills and keep up to date on what is happening using the boards I posted above. Showing that you are putting forth an effort to improve and showing improvement could look favorable on you. I have been writing for years and yet I still go into those boards to learn things or refresh my memory. No one is perfect, but you can improve.

digitalsatori and KenBrace like this.
  4. ladybug

ladybug Member

How does one pass the application process with decent English and then post rubbish on a job site? Do people actually farm out their application posts or is it a case of groups of non-English writers with a front person that can write well in English? I'm just shaking my head over here.

5. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member

It's possible. I also think some people are spinning. At least that's what some of the posts looked liked to me.

6. KimberlyD

There are several methods they could use. Translator software, ghost writer, even slowly posting with a dictionary in hand for the testing and then to make as many post as possible they think no one is watching. There are some who even steal from others post to pass the test.

The sad thing is, they could have preventing being banned just by asking for help in learning how to post and such. I would have willingly helped them if asked. I know @KenBrace would have if they had only asked. He is a patient and helpful person. We have discussed the idea of training those who are not very good rather then bump them off like PostLoop does. If they had made the attempt to learn and showed actual improvement... they would not have been banned. It doesn't take much of an effort to learn. I have respect for people who are not afraid to admit their weakness and ask for help.

KenBrace likes this.
  7. KenBrace

I have already banned several people for content theft. Some were word spinning while others were directly copy-pasting content from other sources. I have to spend a lot of extra time checking for copied posts. It would be so much easier if people would just be honest and write original content but that's unfortunately not the case.

thisnthat likes this.
  8. Cierra

Cierra Member

Thank you for posting this, I agree wholeheartedly. I have been really disappointed with the quality of some posts and threads on my forum. :(

KenBrace likes this.
  9. KenBrace

I've weeded out most of these bad writers and have tightened up the requirements for getting approved. If writers do a bad job then delete their posts and you will be refunded. Not only this but it would also be a good idea to ban their subscription and report them to me. Quality content is a top priority and I'm also disappointed in many of the writers. But the site has only been online for two weeks so this learning curve is to be expected. I've really learned a lot since I founded the system about which writers to approve, how to handle them, etc.

ladybug likes this.