1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Expansion to Free Forum Hosting Platforms - Good Idea?

Discussion in 'The Forum Wheel' started by Jason76, May 13, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

There are several free forum platforms which have a lot of forums and many can be found in the directory on ForumPromotion.net. Anyhow, if we could integrate those into the system on TFW, then that would be more money made.

Note, some free platforms are ZetaBoards.com, Forumotion.com, phpBBproboards.com, icyboards.com etc..

2. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

Free forum hosts usually don't allow you to tamper in a way that allows injecting the file/code required to validate and track the TFW writers otherwise I think they would already be covered.

To be honest, I would like if that could happen, I think it would help both TFW getting more forums and those communities. I just don't think is very likely to happen.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  3. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

I thought about trying this in the past but could not think of a way to keep track of posts. There needs to be a script on the server that communicates with the database and sends back post count information. Since this is impossible with free forums, I'm not really sure how to provide support for them.