1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Fee deduction?

Discussion in 'General Support' started by p4lse, Oct 30, 2015.

1. p4lse

p4lse New Member

Hey, I have been using Forum Wheel for the past week and managed to get up to 100 credits. When I tried to withdraw them into my PayPal account, there was a deduction of $0.52 from the original $5.00. I only got $4.48 and not $5.00.

I gave it another try and tried to withdraw a fee of $0.15. Unfortunately, $0.15 was deducted as fee and I got nothing at all.

I have attached the screenshots of the payment. There was nothing mentioned about deduction in the FAQ or anywhere else.

ded#1.JPG ded#2.JPG

2. p4lse

p4lse New Member

Btw, I made a new account for the community forum, my account @ ForumWheel is "psyduck". Sorry for not adding it in the original post.

3. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Most of the time we have the ability to send personal payments to our writers. This way there is no fee deduction from PayPal. Unfortunately, PayPal doesn't allow personal payments to be sent to some countries. I think it has something to do with the banking laws in that particular nation.

The only possible solution might be to implement alternative payment methods. Other payment portals might have the same problem (certain countries disallowing personal payments from the US) but hopefully not. It's worth a try I think.

Do you use any sort of payment portal besides PayPal?

4. p4lse

p4lse New Member

I've withdrawn cash from other websites based in US without any deduction which is why I was concerned. I received a complete payment without any deduction from another website recently. So, I don't think nation affects this. Only Forum Wheel has issues in deduction so far. Is there anything which could be done? And, I only use PayPal.

Appreciate the response by the way.

5. KenBrace

Maybe give PayPal a call and ask them if there is any reason your account might reject personal payments. This has happened before with certain people and the only thing PayPal told me was that there is either an issue with the country or the receiver is unable to accept personal payments for some reason. They can't discuss someone else's account on the phone so I was unable to ask for specific reasons as to why that particular person couldn't receive personal payments from us.

6. p4lse

p4lse New Member

Oh. I'd try to talk to PayPal about this. Pardon me but what exactly is personal payment? Was the last payment by ForumWheel a personal payment or not? I don't exactly have much idea about this stuff and I'm not sure whether my account have rejected a personal payment before. Can you enlighten me on this?

7. KenBrace

PayPal allows you to send payments via two methods: personal & business. Personal payments do not charge a fee for processing. Business payments do. The advantage of a business payment is that you have PayPal fraud protection. 99% of the time we are able to send payments via the personal method so the writer isn't charged a fee. But every now and then we'll encounter the following error when attempting to send a personal payment... "Sorry, this recipient cannot accept personal payments". We are then forced to send the payment via the business method, which unfortunately includes a fee.