1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Free Punctuation And Capitalization Checker.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jane marie, Apr 19, 2017.

1. jane marie

jane marie Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a good punctuation and capitalization checker? I want to check out my short stories for punctuation and capitalization before sending them off. I already have Grammarly but when I read over my text I find that Grammarly doesn't give the full McCoy.

Checking over my Grammarly corrected work I find that some things have been missed out by Grammarly and I know that it is wrong so have to change it manually. I don't want to just rely on myself and am looking for a pukka site that would check out my writing. I also want it to be free as well.

Does anyone know of a free checker that checks for capitals as well as punctuation and spelling?

Thanks in advance :)

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

Grammarchecker.co.uk is a free alternative. I'm not sure how good it is but might be worth a look if you haven't already. You can also put your text through a site called READABLE.IO that will tell you...
    • Flesch-Kincaid Reading Ease
    • Gunning-Fog Score
    • Keyword Density
    • Word and Syllable Counts
    • Speaking and Reading Times
    • Sentiment Analysis
    Depending on how in-depth you want to dissect what you've wrote, that also might be worth a look at for you.

3. jane marie

Sounds brill @pwarbi I'm going to look at this thanks very much indeed for the info! ;)

4. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

Grammarly has a free plugin for Chrome. It may not totally check, but good enough. It checks as you write. Also http://wordcounter.net counts words.

jane marie likes this.
  5. jane marie

I use the free Grammarly but I find it gives incorrect corrections! :D:confused: At least it seems so anyway. I'm not sure how to set it to correct English rather than American unless I pay first.

I get a word count on word already but I'll have a look at it to see if it may still be a help. thanks all for the info.;)