1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Hello.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Anuj Dhawan, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Anuj Dhawan

Anuj Dhawan Member

Hello,

This is Anuj. I'm the admin of the forum www.ibm-mainframes.com. I am a programmer and an IT solution architect in to "mainframes".

I've joined this Forum keeping some things in mind but I think I've some questions to ask:

1. Form the home page I understand that we can earn some credit (and real cash too) by posting some "quality" posts. But who decides the quality, "The Forum Wheel (TFW)" admins or the admin of a given Forum where the post was made? I'd believe, it's the later but then what's the role of admins from TFW?

2. There are two subscriber from here to my board? What does a subscriber mean to an admin, like me?

3. How, in this process, subscriber and I earn the credits? And are there other benefits or points in here, to keep in mind? Please advise.

If you can guide me on the above queries please, it'll be a great help.

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

The forum owners rate the users who subscribe to their site. The only time when a writer receives a rating directly from TFW staff is when they are completing the approval process.

A subscriber is paid writer. Anytime that writer posts on your site, they earn credits (and you lose them).

The subscriber earns credits while the site owner loses them. The admin is essentially paying the writer to post on their site. As long as you have a positive credit balance, you will continue to receive content on your site. Over time your credits will drain away as they are being earned by the writers. When you run out of credits you can purchase more from the Store.

3. Hugop

Hugop Active Member

Hey and welcome to TheForumWheels.

You can earn credits by posting, referring members and purchasing from the store.

The credits can be used as $ via PayPal or posts on your forum. There is no minimal withdraw which means you can withdraw the first coin you get to 0.05$ via PayPal. If a forumwheel member is doing bad quality posts or not following the rules on your forum, you can report it to KenBrace and get the coins back!

KenBrace likes this.
  4. Anuj Dhawan

Anuj Dhawan Member

Thanks Ken, got it.

And I can be writer to other forums to write the posts to earn the credit, right?

5. Anuj Dhawan

Anuj Dhawan Member

Thanks Hugop - I think I got it! :)

And...oh .. we just witness the "concurrent writing"!

6. KenBrace

If you complete the approval process, yes.

More details about that here.

7. Anuj Dhawan

Anuj Dhawan Member

Great. Thanks for your time and explanation Ken.

I was thinking that any "introductory note" on the "Forum's owner Forum" should not deduct the points from a Forum-owner's credit. What if there are 10 credit points - 10 subscribers - with 10 introductory posts? :)

Just a thought, it can be abused very well.

8. KenBrace

If you don't want writers to get paid for posting introductions then you could simply set that sub-forum to not increase the post count. That's how our system detects posting activity. It fetches the post count of each writer and rewards them for the posts they've made. There's no way for us to tell where they're making the posts. If you don't want Forum Wheelers posting introductions at all then you might wish to specify this as a rule for the site. Writers are required to read the rules list before subscribing.