1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Increase of Rating Requirment

Discussion in 'General Support' started by moondebi, Sep 18, 2015.

1. moondebi

moondebi Member

I had joined a few forums, which were within my rating limit. After posting a couple of threads, suddenly they got locked with a demand of higher rating.
    Why does this happen?

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

It happens because forum owners go into their site settings and change the rating requirement. As to why they do it, that's dependent on each individual's particular circumstance. Maybe they weren't happy with some of the posting quality and decided to increase the limit.

3. Jattitude

Jattitude Member

I had no idea that even those who are already subscribed get locked out if the requirement is increased.

I was under the impression that when I increase the rating requirement it only applies to new subscribers and not to those who had already subscribed.

4. talk2me

talk2me Well-Known Member

I think the crux of this whole business is to keep the forum owners happy with well written, meaningful posts/threads. They are at liberty to change the rating requirements if they do not get the output they want.

KenBrace likes this.