1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Issues with posting.

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Happyflowerlady, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member Moderator

I am subscribed to Setuix, and have posted several posts on the forum. Today, I tried to post into the "suggestions" thread, which requires tags in order to submit the post.
    I added the proper tags and clicked submit; but instead of doing that, it deleted my tags and gave me an error message.
    After trying several times, and getting the error message each time; I stopped trying to submit the post, and have also messaged the forum admin about the issue. I am using an iPad; but it has worked fine for all of the other posts I made on this forum.
    Has anyone else had a similar issue, or maybe knows what I need to do to fix it and submit my post ?
    Here is a screen shot of my unsubmitted post, and the error message that I am receiving. You can see that the tags which I entered are removed and the box is empty.
    image.jpg

2. Happyflowerlady

I have discovered that the way that the forum posting works on this forum, is that I can reply to topics that are already posted, because those do not require tags. However, any new threads DO require tags. Since the forum rules are to post new threads for 1/5 posts, I need to be able to start threads.
    Not only that, I would LIKE to start some threads; but until I find out why the forum software (or my iPad) is not allowing me to add tags, I can't start threads.
    In order to be in compliance with these rules; I will now have to stop posting there altogether for the time being, I guess, until I hear back from the forum owner (or someone ) about what is causing this problem, and how to fix it.

3. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

I have no idea why the forum software would do that but it's obviously something that needs to be dealt with. I will contact the owner and let him know about the situation.

Happyflowerlady likes this.
  4. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

The owner has been contacted and I am currently awaiting his response. I will let you know once we've discussed the issue.

5. Happyflowerlady

Thank you very much, Ken ! I also messaged him this morning; but had no way to post the screen-shot. Since it is posted here, he can look at it and maybe that will help him figure out what the issue is and we can get things working right for me.
    HFL

KenBrace likes this.
  6. Fawk

Fawk Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    http://setuix.com
    Looking into it :)

7. Fawk

Fawk Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    http://setuix.com
    I just tested the suggestion thread and its working. Can you try to refresh the page and try again? Also, when placing tags use a comma right after the tag. See if that helps. I don't have access to a tablet right now and I can only try with a tablet later.

KenBrace likes this.
  8. Happyflowerlady

It worked ! The first time that I tried it just now, it did the same thing, but I tried submitting it again (using just one tag), and it actually posted it. I also tried that this morning, and it didn't help; so I am not sure what you did, Fawk, but it seems to have fixed the problem.
    Thank you both for the help with this .

KenBrace likes this.
  9. ianw

ianw Member

Home Page:
    http://www.swgoths.org
    As a forum owner I can confirm that any issues with any forum is 100% down to the forums owner or Admin and not the forum wheel. Forum wheel can track your activity on forum wheel forums but tit can't influence your activities.

If you are having issues with a forum use the contact us form if you can't sign in or register or if you are signed in contact an Admin by PM if it's urgent or use the problems or suggestions section if it's not urgent.

KenBrace and Happyflowerlady like this.