1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Post quality gone down hill lately ??

Discussion in 'General Support' started by shadowpope17, Dec 6, 2016.

1. vij

vij Member

@KenBrace
    I think part of the problem is also you not enforcing rules or punishment. For instance, I reported that a member deleted almost all his posts and his threads(containing others posts) after I banned his sub. He also went on to post about how he was paid to post via forumwheel and was bitter and toxic. But you did not take any action against him, I wonder if you even warned the member. What message does that convey to us admins and members like him?

PS: I have removed that self-delete permission since then.. Dont know how I left that open.

2. to7update

to7update Well-Known Member

To avoid that sort of issues it could be nice to say members why they are having their subscription cancelled, that something people might want to know considering they might have been giving their best @vij.

For example, you cancelled my subscription and I was following the forum rules, so why did you do that? Why bother to put on rules if you cancel the subscription of the members following them?

Rules
    * Only 1 out of 5 of your posts can be new thread. Reply to threads with less than 10 replies - I was careful enough to see which threads had less than 10 replies before answering and I just opened threads after making the required posts

* Be natural and yourself, how would you post if you are not a paid member? Don't artificially extend post length. - check

* Interact with other posters. This is a UK site. If you appear as a UK member, it is a plus. - check

*If your posts sound robotic/forced/fake or if you come across as uninterested, your posts will be deleted. - check

*If you are not willing to make thoughtful useful posts after careful research, please don't post. - check

*Fill your profile details and have an avatar. No copying from other sites.- check, I even sent you a PM on November 12th asking about the profile

KenBrace likes this.
  3. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

You have a valid point. I should put more effort into making sure that people follow the rules and behave well. The only reason I have not done so until now is because it was not worth my time. Before Postloop closed down there were an average of 3 - 5 forums active at any given time. So if I spent 4 hours per day working on the site then that would translate to roughly $1 per hour or less even.

4. vij

vij Member

@KenBrace
    oops, I didnt think there are that many complaints that are brought to your attention on a daily basis.
    btw, a good to really monetize the great work you are doing is by using it to build your reputation and/or further another project for writers via this venture. just 2 cents :)

5. to7update

answer down there

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  6. vij

vij Member

Cancelling subs have multiple reasons. It may not be just poor performance.
    The problem is when there are some generic comments on some sensitive drug for instance - I would like to avoid that. What I look for on such topics are any insights or personal experience or news pertaining to that.

In any case, I dont see why withdrawing sub is deemed wrong.

shadowpope17 likes this.
  7. to7update

Cancelling a sub when someone follows the rules doesn't make sense in my head. I don't review myself in any of those cases you mention and I've given my best contribution to your forum, so of course it's disappointing and surprising when I see the sub cancelled and no reasons are given.

8. vij

vij Member

9. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if personal insight is a good thing or not. I got too carried away on a Christian forum and got banned. Of course, generic comments are boring, but over-sensitivity gets you labeled a jerk or a wimp etc..

Note someone is working for a wage so they're not going to say as much as they would being a free member.

to7update likes this.
  10. vij

vij Member

Depends on the forum niche. Passion and experience accounts are usually more welcome on most forums.

shadowpope17 likes this.
  11. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

Could there be a way that if a forum owner cancels your subscription they can explain what moved to withdraw it? Even if they won't take us back, it is still a learning experience on what we need to do to become better writers and avoid the same mistake in the other communities.

to7update likes this.
  12. to7update

Exactly @Kaynil, as simple as that.

13. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Between support requests, answering PMs, processing payments, reviewing writers, fixing bugs, etc. there wasn't much time left for feature adding. However, some of that burden has now been lifted and the income has increased, which makes it worthwhile to invest some time into feature development.

to7update and Kaynil like this.
  14. jane marie

jane marie Well-Known Member

I think this is a brilliant idea @KenBrace, to give us ratings in separate fields. I am writing short stories and a novel so any feedback is considered as positive. It is disappointing to have been prevented from posting in the Anxiety Forum though. In the rating, the owner said that I had good sentence structure and sounded good and genuine.

Funny actually, it is the forum that I was really genuine in. I didn't have to do any research as I have PTSD and depression. I wouldn't have found it if it had not been for FW! It does feel a bit like the goal posts have been changed a bit though.

Part of the challenge of being a writer is to write convincingly and colour it up for the reader. This means research and more research and then writing in an effective way that sounds real to the readers.

well anyway, Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat, and I want a penny in this old ladies hat! C'mon @shadowpope17 let us back in! :D or please tell us what we can do to make our posts better for you?

KenBrace and to7update like this.
  15. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

Shadowpope 17 is actually right to an extent. I don't think I would want to give 5.0 ratings to anyone unless a few of their posts, not all, were somewhat long. Of course, I would also consider the spelling and grammar and paragraph spacing, but it wouldn't be the total deal. That would be a better strategy then what I have been doing.