1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Profile completion.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by pwarbi, Oct 1, 2016.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

Not sure where to post this so maybe @KenBrace can move accordingly if needed?

It's just a reminder really, and if it's been said before then forgive me for repeating, but when people sign up to a forum, it's important that they sign up as they would do normally if they wasn't a paid poster. We need to be filling in our profile and adding an avatar at the very least before we start posting any form of content because if we don't no matter how good the posts are, they look somewhat fake.

If I was a poster on a forum and all of a sudden saw a profile with no details or avatar, no introduction post either that just posts 5 or 10 comments and then disappears I wouldn't take much notice of them. As paid forum posters we're there to try generate traffic and conversation on forums, so how many people are going to want to reply and communicate with a profile with no 'face' or details? Not many I wouldn't have thought...

Kaynil likes this.
  2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Make sure to include in your rules section that writers need to complete their profiles and that they will be given a bad rating if they don't. That will definitely help.

Some people don't read the rules like they are supposed to. Give them a bad rating if they don't and their account will get put out of business if it happens more than once or twice. The approval system helps to weed out most bad writers but sometimes people are able to cheat their way through. The rating system is the backup plan. If they start doing a bad job in the real forums then forum writers need to shut down their account (and possibly get refunded for posts). It sucks that they have to do that but I don't see any other way. You do get 3 free credits for rating them so that helps.

Kaynil and pwarbi like this.