1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Restructuring the rating system!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KenBrace, Jan 6, 2017.

1. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you all know that I'm making some pretty massive changes to the rating system. Your old ratings will zero out but that is all a part of the process. It will take a few days to complete but it won't affect your ability to post and earn. The only thing you won't be able to do for now is subscribe to new forums.

I'll keep you all updated as I make progress.

Best regards,
    Ken

2. KenBrace

I've just added a bit of code to disable the rating check for withdrawals so you should be able to proceed with that as usual.

talk2me and Kaynil like this.
  3. GearZ

GearZ Well-Known Member Moderator

Thanks for the heads up. That zero upon logging in was a shock. :eek:

Cheeaka likes this.
  4. KenBrace

Hi everyone. Sorry for the late update. The new rating system is almost complete. Just need to work out a few bugs. All old ratings will be removed since they are not compatible with the new system. However, before you freak out, we will run a campaign encouraging forum owners to rate/re-rate their writers. Your old ratings were going to expire eventually anyway, so it shouldn't really set you back. Once the new ratings start coming in, you should be up to speed pretty quickly.

The rating scale has also shifted to a more reasonable standard. Before, anything below 4.0 was considered bad. That doesn't really make any sense considering the fact that 3 is in between 1 and 5. A 3.0 rating should mean "average" not "bad".

The new scale goes like this...

1 - Terrible
    2 - Not Very Good
    3 - Average
    4 - Good
    5 - Excellent

I have set everyone's rating to 3 by default. So currently everyone is has a rating of "average". Don't worry about that default rating sticking around for long though. Once you have 3 legit ratings, it will be removed.

to7update, tpicks, Kaynil and 2 others like this.