1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

The Rating system isn't working

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Alex, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Alex

Alex Member

I just got rated a 4.33 in total by a forum and now it's showing up as my rating is 1.2? There is obviously a bug @KenBrace , can you look at it please?

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Hi Alex,

I removed the bug and reran the rating calculations. Your overall rating has been reset to its correct value of 3.7.

3. to7update

to7update Well-Known Member

My rating is at 1.5, but I have only one rating of 0.9, and the forum owner told me it's very wrong?... (as PM I sent you @KenBrace)

Also, almost 1 week since payments came through, I have 3 payments pending?

4. anupamas2

anupamas2 New Member

Hi,
    My rating was 4.5 and now it has been changed to 3.00. Please check.

5. TheKnight

TheKnight Active Member

Everyone's rating was changed to 3.0. All old ratings before the rating system change don't exist.

6. to7update

to7update Well-Known Member

Mine is 1.5 LOL, I can't subscribe to any new forums...

7. shadowpope17

shadowpope17 Member

I cannot rate anyone, the rating process is glitched. When I click the confirm button.. nothing happens..

Cheeaka likes this.
  8. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I received a ZERO rating from one forum today but the remark is GREAT JOB. I wonder why the conflicting figure and remark.

That zero rating pulled down my average rating to 1.1 which I think is unfair to me.

Happyflowerlady likes this.
  9. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member Moderator

Yes, that exact same thing happened to me just now, too, @Alexandoy ; so I think it must be a glitch in the rating system. The email that I received showed a good rating, but all of my rating numbers are now down to 1.2 or something similar because of this rating.
    Plus, when you go to the information icon to message the forum owner, ever single forum shows up for me as going to William from Christforums, instead of showing the correct forum.
    Computers can really mess things up sometimes, and I think that it might take @KenBrace a while to get it all working right.

Alexandoy likes this.
  10. Alexandoy

Oh no!!! My rating fell to 1.1 and now it is 3.4 but my credit per post has gone down to 0.73. That's very disgusting.

@KenBrace, what is happening to the system? It is going haywire and we are greatly affected. This really hurts, you know.

11. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member Moderator

Hang in there, @Alexandoy , and it should get better. Mine has changed a couple times already this morning, so it is back up to a decent rating again, plus my credits per post has also gone back up.
    I am sure that yours will resolve itself soon,if it is has not done so already.

Alexandoy likes this.
  12. jomich

jomich Member

@KenBrace I just feel so regal but I'm actually ignorant and I don't know how to send a PM through the Support section! So here goes my concern:

As I've mentioned in another thread, my rating was 4.6 before the revamp. This was the average of 4.0 from the Gateway, and 4.8. 4.9, and 5.0 from three forums. This, however, translated to a rating of 3.00 in the new system.

Just this Sunday, I received a new rating (Thank you so much, I needed the boost!:)):

General: 8
    Grammar: 5
    Post Length: 5
    On Topic: 5
    Thread Ratio: 5
    Rule Following: 5

Based on these figures, the average should have been 5.5. Granting that the 8 was a mistake and the forum owner merely wanted to give me a rating of 5 overall, the average rating for that forum showed a 4.5 instead of 5.5 or 5. Was that a bug or some algorithms?

Anyway, that was the same forum that gave me a rating of 4.9 before the revamp. However, in spite the high rating they gave me then and now, I still can't post on their forum and get credit. The forum is on the dark area of my subscriptions page although it is no longer locked. I have no idea why or what's happening. I can't even see the minimum rating required for this forum. Can you kindly look into this? I just miss posting on this forum and being locked out of it makes me feel really bad. :(

As for the ratings, it's now showing an average of 3.8 (3 + 4.5/2?).

13. jomich

jomich Member

Oh, I'm being credited for my posts?! This is a great day! :) Thanks a lot, @KenBrace !

14. ptahm22

ptahm22 Member

All my ratings dropped to zero and the credits per post are zero. Please help @KenBrace

15. penelope

penelope Well-Known Member

If your account also looks a bit weird and the messages and payments records are wrong you might want to log out and clear cookies, perhaps try another browser. I get this problem all the time. The cookies seem to sign me into some zeroed out ghost account instead of my real account.

Kaynil and talk2me like this.
  16. Alexandoy

Is this happening again? I thought the ratings issue was already resolved huh.