1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

The YouTube Wheel?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KenBrace, Oct 7, 2016.

1. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

So I probably wouldn't actually call it that but here is the idea...

I've recently started a programming channel on YouTube and I've been thinking of ways to promote it. It's definitely not easy to get a channel started because you have zero subs and your videos are ranked extremely low. So you have to dig yourself out of a hole.

Then I got to thinking about the fact that the situation for YouTubers is no different than that of forum owners. So perhaps it would be good to offer a service that helps YouTubers get traffic when starting out.

There are services out there that will deliver video views via bots but they are fake views and I'm sure YouTube knows it. Plus the retention rate is probably low with these bots and they don't comment. So not really helpful.

With this service we would connect people with channels that actually interest them. So it would kind of be like a directory of YouTube channels that you get paid to subscribe, watch, like, comment, etc.

The hard part would be figuring out how to track activity on YouTube since we can't have the channel owner upload a script or anything. But yeah it might be possible.

Any thoughts?

Kaynil likes this.
  2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Active Member

It is indeed a great idea! So you basically mean that it is much alike as The Forum Wheel but instead of hiring writers to write post and participate on forums, you'll be hiring viewers to subscribe and watch videos to a specific channel to cause traffic? (please correct me if I'm wrong) :)

Honestly, I've seen something like this (your concept) if you're familiar with THW or you might have heard of it, they also have the same concept (I'm not just sure if you are planning the same thing) but they say they'll pay individuals to watch videos on their website for at least 10 hours a week which is totally too good to be true because their rates are very high. I've been seeing their posts since June and they should've launched last September yet up to now, they still haven't and they actually keep on delaying their launch date which makes me think it is fake.

I might as well add that in TFW, we create and submit 10 posts for approval in order to become a writer (once passed), I was just wondering what will be the qualifications for this (The Youtube Wheel) or are you going to hire viewers as well or everyone is free to join (without approval)? :)

Kaynil likes this.
  3. biege

biege Active Member

Well, that's a pretty good idea. The only thing I know that would work is to do it just how the people from crowdsourcing sites do, however, to make it automated without a person doing the counting is a bit difficult. You could, however, write a script that would record the username and then count how many words the comments contains (set minimum words), and if they click on the subscribe nor the thumb button it would add credits to their accounts. I know one website that automatically rejects comments if they are posted repeatedly or if the comments doesn't contain much content or sense--I'm not sure how they did that but it's truly effective on their part.

Kaynil likes this.
  4. Cheeaka

Cheeaka Well-Known Member

Is this still something that you are thinking of pursuing? I think that your idea is a good one. I also feel, however, that if a channel has good content, then the viewers, large view count, and subscriptions will come. It might not be as many viewers as some would want, but, if the content continues to be good on an on-going basis, I think that the channel will survive and thrive.