1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

THIS IS VERY UNFAIR

Discussion in 'General Support' started by cherry, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

Since it's you who raised post quality as a major cause for concern (and this thread isn't the first time) I simply pointed out your hypocrisy. Don't tell your writers their grammar is bad, proceed to write worse grammar and then ban them all from your forum left, right and centre. (Yes, it is centre in British English.)

[​IMG]

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`

No, it is not.

Then don't make a big deal out of it.

Make room? Paid posters often have responsibilities (some treat this as a side-gig or even a hobby) and in some cases they're not able to post every single day. At least add some flexibility. Your rules are pretty harsh. I'm guessing the reason you were overall unsatisfied with post quality is because you set the minimum rating quite low. If you do this, yes, you'll receive low-quality posts. You banned some great posters and I imagine they'll feel less inclined to return, even if you introduce a new platform. Both paid and unpaid posters usually (you do of course get some bad eggs, especially with a low rating) do what they do for fun. There are other opportunities out there for paid posters which they'd probably receive a similar income from, but at least the better posters here choose this because they like doing it.

When you make posters feel like they're in an exam hall and under surveillance with your strict grammar rules it ruins the enjoyment. Not many of my posters have had near-perfect grammar, but if they add personality to their posts that's a more important factor. That's because unpaid posters also have their grammatical hiccups and sometimes they're not actually great writers. If you want everybody to fit an absolute standard it won't look natural either. Treat them as humans... not worker bees.

As an unrelated side-note to @to7update: I recall a technical problem we experienced long ago and in the end you were unable to post. If you'd still like to do that I'll ask Ken about correcting the issue.

Alexandoy and Happyflowerlady like this.
  2. DigitalGlobal

DigitalGlobal Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    https://digitalglobal.com
    @Mantis

Since my English is so bad, and you clearly can not read or understand it.
    It will not be a problem anymore for you or anyone else.

3. penelope

penelope Well-Known Member

Happyflowers reports that she was banned, and I am inclined to believe her--based on her record of being both accurate and courteous in all interactions here. They reasons for that banning have nothing to do with the fact that it happened.

4. Heatman

Heatman Well-Known Member

The squabbles is too much already guys, please let's put this to rest.

Thank you all for your understanding
    Peace out and one love.

5. penelope

penelope Well-Known Member

It's a discussion about forum posting, which is what this area is for. So it's going to continue as long as people feel like continuing it--or until a forum admin/mod says otherwise.

Mantis and Happyflowerlady like this.
  6. Heatman

Heatman Well-Known Member

Alright.

7. Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix Well-Known Member

Digital Global is an interesting forum and banning almost every writer was a mistake in my opinion. I really don't think anyone can post daily, but it seems some writers are able to keep up. Anyway, thanks for the chance DG.