1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

What Are the Ratings Parameters?

Discussion in 'General Support' started by AJ113, Jan 5, 2017.

1. AJ113

AJ113 Member

I haven't rated anybody yet because I have no idea what to do. There are no instructions, and the rating box is not capped, so I could award 10 thousand if I wanted to.

I thought it was supposed be 1 - 5?

Kaynil likes this.
  2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

If you try giving someone a rating of 10,000 then the system will definitely stop you. It is programmed to only allow values between 1.0 and 5.0.

The parameters to consider are these:
    • Grammer
    • Post length
    • How on-topic/knowledgeable about the subject was the writer?
    • How well did the user generate interaction and provoke others to post?
    • Post to thread ratio. It's good to post new threads and not just replies. Usually, 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 10 posts should be a new thread.
    • Rules. Gotta follow the forum rules to fit in well. This includes the rules located on the forum itself and also the ones displayed before subscribing here on our end that are specifically for Forum Wheelers.
    Generally the scale works like this...

1.0 - This writer should be banned.
    2.0 - Terrible job.
    3.0 - Not good.
    3.5 - Not very good.
    3.8 - Needs to work on a thing or two but otherwise does a decent job.
    4.0 - Good job. All requirements met to a decent level.
    4.5 - Awesome job! The user fit in really well and is a great member of the community.
    4.8 - Absolutely outstanding! One of the best we've ever seen. One of our top members.
    5.0 - Reserved for the very best. This rating should only be given to the very best. Out of everyone who subs to your site maybe 2 or 3 at most will get this rating.

That should give you a pretty good idea of how the scale works. For the most part ratings should be 4.0 or above unless the writer did something wrong (bad post length, not enough on-topic posts, etc).

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

@AJ113 You have rated me a 4, but you can up it to 10,000 if you want, I don't mind, haha.

4. AJ113

AJ113 Member

OK thank you but the point I'm making is that I'm a new user, and the box allows pretty much any value to be inputted, plus there is no instruction on the page. For this reason I have only rated one poster, because I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing on that page. I'm guessing other forum owners have the same problem. If the system only allows a maximum of five why don't you change the input box so that it only allows a maximum of five? Or even better, use nine radio buttons hard coded like this:

• 1.0 - This writer should be banned.
    • 2.0 - Terrible job.
    • 3.0 - Not good.
    • 3.5 - Not very good.
    • 3.8 - Needs to work on a thing or two but otherwise does a decent job.
    • 4.0 - Good job. All requirements met to a decent level.
    • 4.5 - Awesome job! The user fit in really well and is a great member of the community.
    • 4.8 - Absolutely outstanding! One of the best we've ever seen. One of our top members.
    • 5.0 - Reserved for the very best. This rating should only be given to the very best. Out of everyone who subs to your site maybe 2 or 3 at most will get this rating.
    Then it will be easy for users to understand what is required plus the posters will be assigned an accurate rating.

Kaynil likes this.