IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

A happy introvert

Discussion in 'Posting Tips' started by Jane, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Jane

Jane New Member

Hello, everyone!

I'm Jane and it feels nice to be here. As a formal introduction, I would like to share a little something about myself. Yes, I am an introvert as do most writers. I am the kind of person who would rather bond with a book and a laptop within the comforts of my home. I enjoy writing online because it feels like there are no limits to my expression of ideas. I can be creative whenever I want. But the sad part about being an introvert is that people think I'm wasting important moments in this lifetime. They have no idea that I am often immersed in different worlds by merely reading a book.

Don't get me wrong. I also enjoy travels and spending time with friends and family. I am optimistic and sociable at times. People just have a consistent point of view when it comes to introverts. But I would have to discuss that in another forum. As of now, see you around!

Mayra4Success and Medusaz'Army like this.
  2. Medusaz'Army

Medusaz'Army New Member

Nice to meet you Jane. Good Luck!~

3. Mayra4Success

Mayra4Success New Member

Welcome to The Forum Wheel, Jane. I found your post to be very amusing. It would seem that you and I walk along the same path. The world seems to think that we must be social butterflies in order to be happy. They cant comprehend that between each page in a book lies another world waiting to be discovered. The same is true for each letter on my keyboard. They await their turn to be pounded and brought to life on screen. I must sound like a crazy woman to you. Yet, answer me honestly. Have you ever sat or stood in front of your keyboard just pounding away word after word without a thought as to what you were actually writing, to stop and read that your fingers were in the midst of creating a master piece? Perhaps I am crazy.

Like you, I too am sociable, yet I won't go as far as to say that I enjoy it. I find that people these day, leave a very sour taste in my mouth. Society has come so far away from knowing what true interaction really means. Everyone is so busy with their eyes in their mobile devices that they no longer look you in the face when they speak. Now that would be a subject for another day.

I'm looking forward to reading more amusing posts from you as we travel on this ten post ride.

4. writerruth

writerruth New Member

Hello! Today is my first day and this is my first post; though I do wonder if this forum is still up and running? I hope so, but time will tell for sure.

I too am an introvert who lives a rich life inside my thoughts. I feel the emotions of others intensely and they affect me positively and negatively, so I need to always be on my guard. I am very easily overly stimulated by bright lights, loud voices or other sounds and lots of colors and things - such as at a busy shopping mall. I feel best and am the most creative when I am completely alone. That is the time that I can truly think and formulate ideas in my mind to pass on to others which will hopefully help them in some way.

Mayra4Success likes this.
  5. Mayra4Success

Mayra4Success New Member

writerruth, I believe this forum is still up and running, or we will be two very silly people. LOL. I have several friends that are just like you. They don't like to be around a lot of noise and light. It is unfortunate because these friends of mine can never come to my house as I have five children. I am always having to go visit them at their home. Do you have any children? I also find that my children can be very disruptive when I am trying to work. It is one of the biggest reasons that I find myself awake at three o'clock in the morning.

I joined the Forum Wheel the beginning of February and I got so caught up in writing for other contents mills that I almost forgot the Wheel. Do you write for a living? I have always wanted to write for a living. I also have so many idead that endlessly run through my head. I wish yoou the best with writing for the Forum Wheel.