IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Absurdism.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Apathetic, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Apathetic

Apathetic New Member

I find this school of thought to be the most interesting. Absurdism supports the idea that life doesn't have any inherent meaning, yet all of us try to find a meaning nevertheless. That's where the name comes from, because of the "absurdity" of that notion. The realization that there's no meaning is a freeing one and lets you pursue whatever you want to, without having to adhere to anything imposed on you by a given society.

Do you know anything about Absurdism? Do you find that it has helped in how you view life in general?

2. Cacp9urple

Cacp9urple New Member

I have never heard of it but I will diffenenly do some research on it. Sounds like something I could stand behind! I have often wondered why so many spend so much time trying to find the meaning of life instead of living it. Or trying to insure they have a good afterlife while ignoring the moment they are in now. I could totally see how letting go of the questions and notions could be freeing!