IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Action or Horror?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Charleyyrn, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Charleyyrn

Charleyyrn New Member

I've always been saying this and i'll always say it, Horror movies are the best, I actually prefer horror to action movies because they display more story play and keeps you in absence of what is gonna happen next, and that is so thrilling, Actions movies always focus around gunfight and battlegrounds, we need a little more than that.

2. kiesha.bland

kiesha.bland New Member

Eh. I prefer action movies. I don't find how people seem to love horror movies so much. Usually, a few people die, then the 'enemy' gets killed or something. With action movies (e.g. The Dark Knight), there's always a bunch of plot twists that you don't expect. Sure, there may be a few plot twists in horror movies, but you know what will happen in the ending.

3. Ztb112703

Ztb112703 New Member

I can understand the appear of horror, people like the rush it gives them but watching horror gives me a feeling of suspense that after a while, isn’t very enjoyable. I prefer action because the suspense is different, less intense, and the vibe of horror flicks are way more creepy.

4. Nugget2019

Nugget2019 New Member

I definitely prefer action as horror is usually just gross and I don't enjoy being scared. I do enjoy a good suspense horror, but not so much just one with gore and violence. Especially things based on true stories! I do not want to watch people being sliced in half, stabbed, or tortured. Yuck!

Action can get a little violent too, and I don't enjoy that aspect. However, I find that violence to be faster and usually not as disgusting because its unrealistic that I'm going to get into a martial art fight with a bad guy any time soon! However, being a victim of a serial killer, deranged psycho, or even a haunted house seems more likely and I rather not dwell on those things.

5. Moldovan Eliza

Moldovan Eliza New Member

I enjoy watching both genres actually but in general I would choose to watch an action movie instead of an horror. This is because I feel like I need adrenaline more often than something that makes me think about the dark side of the world, dark energies and so on.

I don't want to say that horror movies are bad, I actually enjoy horror movie if they have a good plot (for example I recently watched A Quiet Place, Bird Box, The Silence), but as I said previously I enjoy more watching action movies because they inspire me. In the world we are living today everything is changing and we need to have this focus, this energy to adapt at the new conditions.

6. Subhash

Subhash New Member

I like both action and horror movie.