IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Age to go to school

Discussion in 'Education' started by Wilfredo, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Wilfredo

Wilfredo New Member

I think that in some cases we sometimes force our children to learn things at an early age instead of letting them entertain themselves for a little while and when they have more awareness of what they are learning, it might be the best time to demand a little more a school environment

Others believe that the more discipline children are required to follow, the better for them when they grow up.

I prefer to let the children enjoy more of their childhood.

In some countries, the age for children to go to school is probably different because of these aspects.

What is your opinion?

2. Caroline Itobi

Caroline Itobi New Member

In support of what you have stated above,I also believe that children should be allowed sometime with their parents back at home before they are taken to school.In my opinion,three years should be the minimum age for a child to be enrolled to school.At this age,I believe that their brains have developed fully enough and they would at least like the idea of going to school altogether.

3. Ben Benny

Ben Benny New Member

It's good to decide on the right age to send a child to school.This depends with the parent because some parents send their children to school when they are four years old while others wait until they are six years old.The best age children are required to begin their formal education should be the age of six years.

4. Mariam

Mariam New Member

I agree with you that childhood is really important however there is a big but. I'll speak from my own experience.

My parents sent me to school at a really early age. I was 4 and a half when I started preschool and I was 5 years old when I was in 1st grade. Do I regret my parents decision? Absolutely not.

Firstly, starting school younger means being able to learn faster than others. I started reading when I was 4, learnt how to read fluently in preschool. I think I started counting really well in 1st grade while my classmates were behind me.

Secondly, my best childhood moments were at school with my friends. I don't remember anything else but I'm certain that school was fun for me unlike the other kids.

And lastly finishing school at the age of 17 while others are 19 or more sounds really cool. After I finish school I can have a gap year and it won't hurt as much as for older classmates. I can go to university and finish it quite young which means that I'll have more time to actually enjoy life.

I'm really thankful to my parents that they let me go to school so early but I guess it really depends on a child, wheather they're mature enough to sit through 5 or 6 lessons a day and do homework.