IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

all in one or a tower?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by demetre, Jul 18, 2018.

1. demetre

demetre New Member

for me an imac is the perfect choice, it is powerful enough, it has a good screen and looks good, but it is not upgradeable.

2. rlpzbeermoney

rlpzbeermoney New Member

I would never consider buying an all-in-one computer. I would almost most likely go with towers for the reason that it is upgradeable. I don't know if all-in-ones are cheaper than building a tower but I can say without a doubt it's better to go tower.

Most of the computer parts you see right now are evolving. By the time your system reaches 3-5 year mark, some parts will be noticeably worn out and needs replacing. What if down the line you don't want to invest in a brand new system? It's much more economical to just replace the parts that aren't working than buy a new computer. You can't do those in an all-in-one. Your freedom is limited. Buying an all-in-one is like handcuffing yourself to a post.

Who are all-in-ones for then? Most probably people who aren't that tech savy and want a convenient package where you plug and play the computer you just bought. And even then, there are pre-built computer systems around.

3. Amanda M

Amanda M New Member

Personally, I prefer a tower. I know a thing or two about self building, and it's much easier to replace or upgrade your own parts by having a tower.

I'm not a big fan of the Mac operating system either.