IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Allergic Reaction to Healthy Foods

Discussion in 'Health' started by Sunflower_Michele54, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Sunflower_Michele54

Sunflower_Michele54 Member

I have a problem with eating fruits and raw vegetables. I believe the main cause is the pesticides they spray on non-organic produce. However, I still have allergic reactions to organic produce at times. Apples, even organic ones, are the worst. My throat feels scratchy, I get nauseous, and my salivary glands produce excess saliva. The thing is I like apples, but my body just doesn't agree with them. This is why I feel like pesticides are not the only thing that causes these allergic reactions.

One time, organic blackberries made me sick to the point where I almost felt like I was going to throw up. I can eat healthy sometimes, but it's very rare. One time, I was at a restaurant eating a side salad. After a few bites, I got so sick to the point where I was spitting out saliva for an hour.

I can eat cooked vegetables and drink fruit juices of any kind. I can drink orange juice, juice boxes, grape juice, V8 juice, and even apple juice. It's just the actual fruits that bother me. I love raw fruits and vegetables, but I feel uncomfortable eating them. Even after they're washed they still bother me. The Naked juices also bother me because it's all fresh fruit blended. At least from my understanding.

The dietitian at my job said these allergic reactions are common. However, she was a little shocked at how severe my case was. I want to find a way I can eat healthy without these allergic reactions occurring.

Have any of you ever experienced something like this before?