IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Appropriate age to start exercising

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Shazi, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Shazi

Shazi New Member

Yesterday as I was doing my normal morning run, I saw a 8 year old girl also exercising. It was nice looking at her but then I wondered what is the appropriate age to start exercising.

2. xanthippe

xanthippe New Member

I think as long as you can walk, you can start exercising. Exercising is great for everyone.

3. Shivs17

Shivs17 New Member

I think exercising should be for everyone despite age. However the length and type of workout you do should be a little more suited depending on your age group since our bodies develop in different stages at different ages. It is nice to start young so you can start building your strength but then again it is never too late to start working out.

4. Dawid Kozik

Dawid Kozik New Member

Whenever. Anyone can start anytime. You can start running whenever, you can weight lift whenever, you can start rock climbing whenever. The only limit is yourself.

No, it doesn't stunt your growth. No, the fact that you're a child won't mean that your muscles don't repair themselves. Start anytime. The appropriate age is the moment you're able to do that specific activity.