IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Are we losing creativity and originality

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Alansar, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Alansar

Alansar New Member

Jurassic Park, the meg and other movies that have earned the most money this year at the box office all are spinoffs or sequels. I get why, just watching the fallen kingdom gives me nostaligia of the 1990's when it was released.

But are we not losing creativity and or originality when 7 out 10 top selling movies are spinoffs or sequels.

Tell me what you think?

2. PARAG

PARAG New Member

Sadly we are loosing creativity and originality in every art and creative field including movies and cinemas. The reason predominantly is this tendency to do something which guarantees instant success. The huge amount invested in making a movie doesn't allow too much risk to be taken.

I am really not opposed to the trend of sequels if it does not compromise with quality or content of the movie. The best example of a very successful series of sequels is the Harry Potter series. But sadly most of the other sequels are not that imaginative .

I hope this trend does not continue for a long time and we are able to see something new and something different from the film fraternity.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018