IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Are You a Game of Thrones Fan?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by SirenOnFire, Sep 12, 2017.

1. SirenOnFire

SirenOnFire New Member

I am not much of a television viewer myself because I have always preferred reading books than watching movies or TV series. That all changed what I started watching Game of Thrones. Normally, I would read the books first before watching TV shows based on them, but I have no plans on doing so for this show because I really don't want to ruin the surprised they have prepared for avid fans like me.

The first time I watched it, I stopped for a while after Khal Drogo died. I was too heart broken and upset because I never expected it from happening. Wasn't it common for important characters to never die on shows so that there'll be a happy ending?

GOT writers, directors and producers have made things the complete opposite. I guess that's the reason why this show has so many avid fans and viewers. Not only were they able to have the consistent presence of thrill, excitement, and comedy in every episode, it's also very hard to predict what's going to happen next. Unless maybe you have read the books, although it's not as reliable as others may think since it has been said that they changed quite a lot of details so that readers would also enjoy that sense of mystery non readers have.

Rowzers likes this.
  2. Rowzers

Rowzers New Member

I was heartbroken when Khal Drogo died too, but not as heartbroken when they stabbed Jon Snow. Thank goodness he came back! I hope I speak for all when I say George R.R. Martin made one hell of a roller coaster, these 7 seasons. In the last season, I was so scared when Lyanna Mormont made her appearance. All I could think of was, "Please don't kill her. Please don't kill her off!"

3. rosey143

rosey143 New Member

I swear I also thought of not watching it anymore because of how Khal Drogo died! But I guess it did the opposite and hooked me more. haha. I guess that's how brilliant the show is including the author too. I haven't finished the books but definitely is one of my goals. I'm a big fan of the show and I love how the story went last season!

4. asdfghjxxkra

asdfghjxxkra New Member

Actually, no. I haven't watched a single episode of it. All my workmates and friends have seen the series. Everyone on my timeline just kept raving about the last season. And here I am, watching ny Korean dramas and waiting for How To Get Away With Murder and not even for a bit moved to watch Game of Thrones.