IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Are you an indoors or outdoors type of person?

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by Artisana, May 19, 2015.

1. Artisana

Artisana New Member

I am one of those people who gets cabin fever as soon as I have to stay indoors for longer than half a day. I can't imagine living in a place where I can't open all my windows and doors wide to let in the sun, wind, rain, birds, insects, and whatever and whoever else wants to visit my house. My work place also has to be in a wide open space, preferably surrounded by plenty of plants. I easily get distressed in crowded places and downright claustrophobic in city environments. I love the peace and tranquility of the countryside, where I often sleep in a tent on the roof of my house or in my backyard, so that I can be closer to the stars and feel the pulse of the earth.
    Another favorite of mine is walking barefoot and going naked whenever possible. I need to feel that uninterrupted connection with nature in order to get rid of stress and renew myself.
    What kind of person are you? Do you prefer to spend most of your time in the comfort of your apartment, or do you need to be out and about to feel balanced and happy?

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. kingcool52

kingcool52 New Member

To be honest I think I am in the middle. I love being inside and doing nothing but I also don't mind going outside and doing things with my friends and family. It's kind of weird and alarming that you like to walk barefoot and naked outside, not sure if you're being serious or not. I'd like to stay inside as much as possible if that was happening near me xD

Krissttina Isobe and denise016 like this.
  3. Cierra

Cierra New Member

I think I am in the middle also. While I love being inside and reading, going on the computer, writing, or things like that, getting outside is always nice too. I like to garden (though I need to get back into that), hike, run, bike, and swim outdoors. I also like to camp when the weather is nice. I don't think that I would feel balanced if I did all one thing- inside or out. Balance is the key.

4. Shari Paclipan

Shari Paclipan New Member

I am a downright indoor person. I can spend the whole day inside my room as long as there is food and WiFi. Occasionally though, I do crave the feeling of the sun on my skin once in a while or the fun of spending a day at the beach. I live in a small island after all, where the sea is just a ride away.

5. cr381121

cr381121 New Member

I am more of an outdoors type of person. I love being outside mainly when it's warm out, however. I cannot stand the cold. I like to do a lot of things on my computer as I majored in technology and design. However, after spending the last five years working from home I tend to like going outdoors a lot more than I used to. I believe that being bound to my desk for eight hours a day had something to do with it. Since my last job closed down in May, I have spent the summer learning how to grow herbs and flowers. I have spent time outside raking the yard. I have taken walks around parks on a daily basis. I am enjoying the outdoor while the season is right, but when the weather starts getting cold you will find me indoors more often.

6. Annabella101

Annabella101 New Member

I guess I am somewhere in the middle crossing over whenever the mood changes. Recently I have been pretty stressed out and whenever that happens, I like to stay in my own corner indoors. Surrounded by my three furry girls the dogs, I am happy to do my thing online without having to fake happiness and strength for my customers. I think it could be a dangerous place if it is stress related and goes on for too long a period. Outside of that, a stress free chill indoors can be very enriching.

Then there are those sunny days where nothing can be compared to the smell of the ocean as you take a leisurely stroll on the sandy beach. I won't opt for the naked walk. Nature might not be very happy with me :). Recently I stayed at home for a couple days and when I finally crawled out of my shell, I walked outside fully clothed, took a deep breath and just simply exhaled. It felt good. Writing this reminds me of what has been lacking in my life for way too long.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  7. Francis Daniel Esparagoza

Francis Daniel Esparagoza New Member

Based on my personality, I am an introverted type of person. Most of the time, I just spend my time at our home and make my time worthwhile by earning online and other stuffs such as reading books. I just really don't like going out with other people most of the time.

But I am not an anti-social type of person. If I am with other people if it needs to, I will talk to them and join them to bond our friendship. For me, quality friends that will be true to you are the best friends you will have. Sometimes I also play basketball to make myself healthy. I think that's 1% of me being an outdoor person. :p

8. Hugop

Hugop New Member

I am in the middle too. I like to stay home and checking out every forum I know, watching animes and movies, reading mangas and to develop. At the same time, I like to go outside to check out new restaurants and to eat on the new and best ones with friends. As Cierra said, balance is the key.

9. QuickKicks4

QuickKicks4 New Member

Im a neutral person when it comes to this topic. I say this because I do enjoy outdoor activities such as Basketball and football but I also do enjoy being within the comforts of my own home. I don't like too much or too little of neither so i would suggest I'm in the middle.

10. Helen

Helen New Member

It's interesting how so many people believe they lie in the middle somewhere! Before reading through the other posts, I would've thought people would either be strictly indoors or outdoors.

Personally, I definitely prefer staying indoors rather than venturing outdoors. I think it really depends on your personality. I'm an in introvert so I feel it makes a lot of sense that I prefer staying at home and reading a good book rather than going swimming at the beach on a hot summer's day.

Krissttina Isobe and Toni447 like this.
  11. Toni447

Toni447 New Member

Ha, ha. Me too. I'm an introvert, and prefer the indoors. However, after reading your post, I'm thinking that it might have a lot to do with what we have been conditioned to.

Going to the beach, might seem like a waste of time for some of us 'innies' -- however, once we get out there... we might actually dig the beach, over the comfort of home.

What do you think?

12. Summer695

Summer695 New Member

I am definitely an indoor person. I enjoy my quiet, alone time and hardly ever have the urge to go anywhere except I have an appointment.
    Once I have all my necessary amenities, I am happy and comfortable inside.

I enjoy reading, surfing the internet, listening to audio books and mediating, being indoors allows me to do all of those thing easily.

13. lynda.wilson187

lynda.wilson187 New Member

І guеss І аm sоmеwhеrе іn thе mіddlе сrоssіng оvеr whеnеvеr thе mооd сhаngеs. Rесеntlу І hаvе bееn рrеttу strеssеd оut аnd whеnеvеr thаt hарреns, І lіkе tо stау іn mу оwn соrnеr іndооrs. Ѕurrоundеd bу mу thrее furrу gіrls thе dоgs, І аm hарру tо dо mу thіng оnlіnе wіthоut hаvіng tо fаkе hарріnеss аnd strеngth fоr mу сustоmеrs. І thіnk іt соuld bе а dаngеrоus рlасе іf іt іs strеss rеlаtеd аnd gоеs оn fоr tоо lоng а реrіоd. Оutsіdе оf thаt, а strеss frее сhіll іndооrs саn bе vеrу еnrісhіng.

Тhеn thеrе аrе thоsе sunnу dауs whеrе nоthіng саn bе соmраrеd tо thе smеll оf thе осеаn аs уоu tаkе а lеіsurеlу strоll оn thе sаndу bеасh. І wоn't орt fоr thе nаkеd wаlk. Νаturе mіght nоt bе vеrу hарру wіth mе :). Rесеntlу І stауеd аt hоmе fоr а соuрlе dауs аnd whеn І fіnаllу сrаwlеd оut оf mу shеll, І wаlkеd оutsіdе fullу сlоthеd, tооk а dеер brеаth аnd јust sіmрlу ехhаlеd. Іt fеlt gооd. Wrіtіng thіs rеmіnds mе оf whаt hаs bееn lасkіng іn mу lіfе fоr wау tоо lоng.

14. Kushinada21

Kushinada21 New Member

I like going outside every once in a while, but it normally depends on my mood. I really hate hot weather so I refuse to go outside if the air is muggy/hot unless I really have to. Overall, I suppose I'm more of and indoor person since I feel much more comfortable hanging around at home with either a book or my laptop.

15. supersash

supersash New Member

Same here. I rather would stay inside my room reading my favorite novel, watching and doing a movie marathon, playing with my iPad or surfing the net. I honestly don't like exposing myself to too much heat. I am more productive if I just stay at home but I also make sure that I go out from time to time to meet up with my friends and relatives to catch up with them.

16. Alicia78

Alicia78 Member

I'm also in between I like being inside and being on the Internet and stuff but then again I enjoy being outside and working in the yard.

17. Melissa1024

Melissa1024 New Member

I am also in the middle. I like being indoors on the internet,cooking,cleaning,reading,and watching tv but, if the weather is nice I like outdoors. I especially like walks, swimming,and the flowers in the summer. I also like to sit outside on a warm summer evening.

18. Nakia

Nakia New Member

I am in indoors person, I'm not too much of a fan of bugs.

19. aggelosst9

aggelosst9 New Member

I am somewhere in the middle, too. I hate it when my friends suggest things like ''Let's have a road trip a bazzilion miles away!'' I really prefer reading a good book or reading interest facts in my home from taking a walk. Yes, I'm strange. I think I don't like outdoors because I grew up on the third floor of an apartment building in the most dangerous area of my city, not daring to go out.

On the other hand, as stated above, when the weather is sunny I can't restrain from bicycling or browse the stores for discounts, mainly electronics.

20. sherlylunardi

sherlylunardi New Member

It depends on my mind. I could be both actually. When I feel energetic, I would love to go outside, meet some friends and have fun together. But when I have problem and feel unwell, I usually become indoor people. Spending time with watching new movie or reading e-book.