IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Are you drinking enough water daily?

Discussion in 'Health' started by W Scribe, Apr 24, 2015.

?

How many glasses of water did you have yesterday?

1. 1 - 4

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. 5 - 8

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. 8 or more

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
  1. W Scribe

W Scribe New Member

8 to 10 glasses is the recommended daily amount of water the average person should drink. Like many others out there I have found it almost impossible to keep up with that daily allotment. For the average person there is no major consequence to not keeping up but if you are one who suffers from an illness, a bit different. We dont really keep watch on how much water our bodies lose through activities but its a lot overall. Examples of bad results from lack of water can range from but are not limited to: Dehydration and blood clotting.

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Staff Member Administrator

I used to drink roughly a gallon of water per day. Lately I've been slacking however. I need to get back in the habit.

Red-z likes this.
  3. Bass

Bass New Member

I have just recently begun to drink a lot more water than I used to. In the past, I would usually only drink about 3-4 glasses a day, which is only half of the recommend amount - 8 glasses. However, I now drink, on average, approximately 8-10 glasses of water a day. I drink water whenever I can; at school - while reading, doing work, at home - while playing a game, posting on forums, doing homework, etc. Here is an article that I read regarding why you should be drinking a lot of water: http://www.webmd.com/diet/6-reasons-to-drink-water

omnath likes this.
  4. Scouten

Scouten New Member

I drink water all the time. Today I have drunk more then 12 cups of water, and I am still drinking. Water is basically all I drink, but at a party of something I may drink a soda, but besides that it is all water for me.

5. Akoria

Akoria New Member

I drink a lot of water. More like 15-18 glasses per day because it is healthy. Another reason I drink a lot of water is because of my body. I try to maintain a great body shape. Therefore, I have to drink alot of water and take a lot of fruits to avoid blotting and belly fat. It psychologically helps you eat less because, you feel less hungry after drinking loads of water.

omnath likes this.
  6. chelle318

chelle318 New Member

I try to drink at least eight glasses of water per day. I usually fall short by a couple glasses though. I have noticed that when I am consistently drinking eight or more glasses everyday I feel a lot healthier than when I am slacking off on my water intake. I get headaches and very sleepy when I do not drink enough water. As I have gotten older, my body has certainly started to let me know when I am not making healthy choices!

omnath likes this.
  7. Sergio Louro

Sergio Louro New Member

I well try to drink water regularly but quickly forget, but I am aware that is a essential for maintaining the beauty and the good functioning of the body. But drinking too much water can be unhealthy, excess fluid can lead to confusion board and hyponatremia, which is a low concentration of sodium in the blood. We need to control the daily water consumption.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    omnath likes this.
  8. Jason76

Jason76 New Member

One way to increase water intake is by drinking during a meal. In a lot of nations, especially ones with spicy food, they usually drink water with a meal instead of soda, coffee, or tea. Since a person eats a lot during the day, following this water drinking strategy would more than likely pay off.

omnath likes this.
  9. omnath

omnath New Member

i used to drink around 8 glasses of water. I was suffering from jaundice,the best remedy i found out is drinking plenty of water

10. cpvr

cpvr New Member

My freezer makes ice and water on its own, so I drink too many cups to count, but on average, I drink about 1-3 gallons on a daily basis. I live in Texas and if you don't drink enough water/fluids, then you can easily get dehydrated. My dad also drinks a lot of water, so I'm pretty sure I learned all the health benefits of drinking water from him. He's actually diabetic, so he can't drink soda nor anything high in sugar, so water is his main beverage or coffee in the morning before he goes to work. Personally, if I don't drink enough water, then I'm not using the restroom that often during that particular day and holding in things is bad for my digestive system and causes major pain inside me, so staying hydrated is my favorite type of lifestyle. :)

adssolsn likes this.
  11. smartmom

smartmom New Member

I absolutely love water. I can drink eight glasses a day. I know a lot of people that do not like to drink water. I have even heard some say that they get sick from drinking water. My mother actually got cancer on her kidney and almost died because she did not drink water. I know a nurse that told me that a lot of cases that she deals with daily as far as people on dialysis is a result of people not drinking water. I am convinced that if I feel like it or not that it is a good thing to drink water. If I don't there will be consequences.

Red-z likes this.
  12. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

I drink loads of cups a day, I think it's because I'm more happy hydrated than dehydrated. I somehow enjoy water more than drinking other drinks or beverages. As soon as I finish an exercise, I feel the need to have heavy amounts of water, sometimes 4 cups after each other continuously. I think it's subjective because it depends on the body of the person.

omnath likes this.
  13. RangaNayaki

RangaNayaki New Member

I drink 12-15 glasses of Water every day. Water is the magical ingredients that energize our body and keeps our skin looking good. I drink Water as a weight loss strategy, I feel less hungry when I take lots of water. Water keeps our body clean and fresh, it regulates blood flow and helps us in maintaining silky and shiny hair.

I always carry a bottle of water with me and try to eat lots of fruits and vegetables. During summer I prefer watermelons and Popeye as they contain 60-75% of water. I would suggest to keep a habit of drinking a glass of water every morning after waking up and after every meal.

Red-z, adssolsn and omnath like this.
  14. Dimplez

Dimplez New Member

I never really liked water, its hard for me to drink unless I am really thirsty. I do drink water but not 8 cups a day, I do drink a lot of milk, and juice. But I do however like the flavored water's also.

omnath likes this.
  15. Anuradha Singh

Anuradha Singh New Member

I try to drink at least 7 to 8 glass of water daily to keep myself hydrated. As water makes up 60% of our body weight, it flushes toxins out of vital organs and carries nutrients to cells. This is what I have been told by my Doctor.

16. Daramola

Daramola New Member

I wouldn't really know if I do drink the right proportion of water daily, but I know I drink water often. I take a glass of water every morning I wake up, just before brushing my teeth. Heard it's healthy.

omnath likes this.
  17. jainish

jainish New Member

I drink around 5-7 litres of water daily. Taking a litre straight after getting out of bed on a empty stomach, it helps detoxifying the body. Rest is half an hour before meals and couple of litres after workout.

omnath likes this.
  18. Stars786

Stars786 New Member

It is highly recommended to drink 8 glasses or more water throughout the daytime. I always try to abide by this schedule, but, many times I don't meet the needs. It's due to my laziness or busy schedule which results in the lower water intake. Only, sometimes I do reach the goal of 8 glasses water in a day. Drinking adequate water has many benefits and it is important for our health as well. As our physical structure is made up of about 80% water, it is necessary to drink water after every short interval to avoid dehydration.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  19. adssolsn

adssolsn New Member

15 -20, wow! that's a lot of liquid, how do you manage that @RangaNayaki. I take about 5 glasses during hot seasons and 3 during the cold seasons. I started taking water when I realized that we lose water every time including while breathing. 8 glasses is the optimum amount but I live in a relatively cold area; we don’t lose water through perspiration.

I have a concerned with water intake though. Sometime I keep visiting the loo for a short call. Just wondering, is this normal? Should I continue taking water when experiencing this? And have you experienced this and how did you deal with it?

20. helpinghand

helpinghand New Member

As per medical standards, a grownup human should take 8 liters of water a day. But in the present fast paced life style, it is almost impossible. But we can have water in other forms also like juice, soup etc. That will also be counted as fluid intake in our body.

Water is said to be an excellent medicine for a number of diseases. It also prevents some diseases and keep us fit. If you are feeling a minor headache, drink a glass of water, it may be due to insufficient fluid level in the body.