IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Are you drinking enough water daily?

Discussion in 'Health' started by W Scribe, Apr 24, 2015.

?

How many glasses of water did you have yesterday?

1. 1 - 4

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. 5 - 8

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. 8 or more

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
  1. Red-z

Red-z New Member

Frankly, I think eight glasses a day is just too much, at least for me. The most important thing is that you should drink water before the thirst mechanism kicks. A good rule of thumb is to look at your urine color. This is the simplest way to gauge whether you need water long before you get thirsty. If your urine is dark in color, then you must replenish your tank. It’s as simple as that!:D

In my case, I drink four to five glasses a day; with that number my urine is always kept in the bright side and my body shows no signs of dehydration.:)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  2. reviewer

reviewer New Member

The recommended quantity of water that must be drank daily is 8 glasses. I drink more than that every day. I start my day by drinking two glasses of water and continuously drink until before I go to sleep. I love drinking water as it is refreshing. Drinking enough water daily is vital for us to enjoy overall good health.

3. arthnel

arthnel New Member

I've tried going for 8 glasses per day, on several failed occasions. We've all grown on the medical recommendation so we know the benefits quite well. My main issue, honestly, was that it was just plain boring to me to have a glass every hour or tugging a water bottle around. Then it became annoying because I was now going to the restroom to urinate every hour. I was simply consuming too much water. So now I go for 4 -5 each day and I feel great being able to accomplish that.

4. Shawn

Shawn New Member

Since I have cut back on soda/sugary drinks for the past few years I can only sustain drinking water or milk. Throughout the day I drink atleast a gallon of water, because of my high paced job. Water is truly great, and keeps me hydrated. I really can't stand soda anymore it gets me sick.

5. gohiro tama

gohiro tama New Member

I drink 6 glasses of water every day

6. luxonline2

luxonline2 New Member

I try to drink as much water as possible to hydrate, because I live in a very hot country. On any given day I can drink about a litre of water. I see people are often fixated on the recommened 6-8 glasses per day, but to be frank I tend to listen to my body and drink as much as I feel my body needs.

There are a number of factors that can affect your drinking habit like climate of your country, your profession, health condition etc.

7. Nick Lancer

Nick Lancer New Member

I believe I drink above 20 glasses due to the Creatine lol

8. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Member

I do drink water everyday up to 8 glasses a day in a staggered basis. That is 2 glasses upon waking up. Another 2 glasses after eating my breakfast. A glass of water I take before a morning snack particularly past 9 in the morning. Two glasses I drink after eating my lunch. Upon arrival at home after work, I drink a glass of water. And last 2 glasses of water after I eat my dinner. That completes the 8 glasses of water I drink everyday.

9. meenakshi

meenakshi New Member

The volume of water which is recommended by health experts is 3.7 litres for an average adult male and 2.7 litres for an average adult female. This much volume is necessary to flush out bacteria from our body and preventing dehydration. Water intake also depends on numerous factors like activity level, geographical location and temperature

10. chandra

chandra New Member

Drinking water allows our body to continuously flush out toxins. Our organs work to filter our certain waste products like a machine, but if we don’t fuel the machine with water, it cannot work properly. What ends up happening in a dehydrated body is organs start to pull water from stored areas like our blood, which leads to a whole new set of problems.
    I drink water all the time. I almost always have a glass or bottle of water next to me, whether I’m working, working out.

11. fortis15

fortis15 New Member

Drinking water prevents you from getting dehydrated. Yes, we should all drink at least 7 to 8 glasses of water a day but we don’t always manage to drink this much water. Having a small bottle or flask at hand is always a good idea. Especially if you spend 90% of your day out and about, ensure you always have enough water with you which you can sip as you are working, studying, exercising etc.

Also, drinking enough water will prevent dry coughs from starting, especially if your work involves a lot of talking.