IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Are you religious or spiritual?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by ark3358, Aug 14, 2019.

1. ark3358

ark3358 New Member

Religion and spirituality are of the same kind, but they differ in their nature. Religion is related to my body and mind, whereas spirituality is related to my soul. Religion is enforced, but spirituality is natural. I am religious because I am born and brought up in a family that belongs to a specific religion.

Spirituality is found deep within my soul, which reflects the real ā€˜Iā€™. It is my way of accepting the world. It is my way of loving the world. And, of course, it cannot be found in any place of worship other than the sacred temple within my inner Self.

I am both religious and spiritual. What about you? Are you religious or spiritual?

2. anthonyhurtadox

anthonyhurtadox New Member

I'm neither but I don't think this means I'm not allowed to have superstitious beliefs. I for one don't accept that It's best to look at the world logically. I think creativity is more important as it allows you to play with ideas without the rigidity of logic that sometimes gets in the way of novel thinking.

3. Raja33

Raja33 New Member

I am both spiritual and religious too.
    I have always been spiritual but recently I call myself also religious as I officially joined a religious doctrine which makes very sense to me and it is not contradictory to my spiritual belief.

Somehow, if the chosen religion agrees with the personal beliefs it is good to follow a precise doctrine as a way to find support amongst likeminded people. Following a religion can be tricky in the case the rituals and tenets are against the spiritual views of the individual. But if you find the right religion for you, there is no contradiction to consider yourselves both spiritual and religious.