IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

"Avatar!"

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by preacherbob50, Apr 18, 2015.

1. preacherbob50

preacherbob50 New Member

Perhaps the viewing of one's "Avatar," leans more toward a phychological premise rather than philosophical, but I do believe it still has it's place in this segment.

We each view ourselves differently and sometimes much more so than other people see us. I have tried to make my username and avatar as truthful as possible without actually putting my personal picture and fingerprint on the spaces provided. I am all about personal truths. I do actually smoke a pipe, wear a cowboy hat and with the exception of the nice nose in the picture my avatar is a likeness of who I am. The same with my username. Truth for me is absolute so I use preacherbob. My name is Bob (people call me Bobby) and I really am a teacher/preacher.

What does your avatar/username reflect about you? Does it reveal your character, moral values, future aspirations, past haunts, or is it just a nice picture with a nice name? If the latter is true, there is a possibilty that others may be able to glean from it a sort of Freudian shift in your personality or even better, a philosophical viewpoint you have never thought of. What, pray tell, is your avatar all about?

2. zarag8w

zarag8w New Member

Clearly, I have not uploaded an Avatar. But even without it, I guess one can get an inkling that I am a bit indecisive. I can't seem to decide on an avatar yet. Another thing could be the need for anonymity. Sometimes, people have the tendency to judge you for things that supposedly represent you, Avatar, including. Thus, being 'Avatar-less' you somehow maintain a bit of anonymity. (Disregard this reply, once you see an Avatar uploaded already. Obviously, I have made up my mind on what Avatar to use, hehe...)