IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Being "the" Leader

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by ContentMaker, Jul 22, 2017.

1. ContentMaker

ContentMaker New Member

Leadership

Leader: being a good leader, one must have in mind and act on the following qualities:

1. He should know that he/she isn't secure against human weaknesses.

2. Possession of necessary knowledge for the task assigned to him.

3. Bravery

4. Generosity

5. Chastity

6. Softness

7. Self-control

8. Tolerance

9. Steadfastness

10. Humility, this is different from humbleness and should be noted.

11. Being able to keep secrets

12. Open-mindedness

13. Gratitude-expression when supposed when any of the followers does something worthwhile.

2. Rossy

Rossy New Member

Leadership styles vary as they are Influenced by a number of factors. However all leaders are expected to have the skills to guide people on doing the right things by setting directions and inspiring visions.

A good leader makes sure things are running smoothly and in case of any problem, they would identity it and come up with a solution to fix the issue.

Things will be a little tough at times but a good leader will be patient and understand that the path to success is never smooth. He will not give up on his leadership when things get a little shaken. He will stand strong and be patient.

To be a good leader you have to be passionate about it. There is nothing satisfying than doing what you really love doing. A passionate leader is easily obsessed by being a leader and let's it consume him.

Good leaders are flexible. They know when adjustment is needed for a certain change towards achieving success. Open minded leaders find it easy to allow in a change which is seen mostly as a risk. Who said being a leader is easy? Personally I would make a better follower.

ContentMaker likes this.
  3. David Tennant

David Tennant New Member

The above attributes are all very well put and serve any leader well who possesses them.

Good leaders are not necessarily born that way. Sometimes leadership is thrust upon individuals due to circumstances in which no one else is willing to step up to the plate.

A good leader will always seek advice and insights from those whom he or she leads. A good leader is capable of developing a team by assigning tasks to different members, and then supporting and guiding them. Leaders are not always right, but they adapt as they are able to form attitudes and goals among those who are being led.

4. penarboska

penarboska New Member

I have all of the qualities that ContentMaker describes, but people are chosen to be leaders, I think. Being a leader has so many frustrations, hardships and attention is mostly focused on you, not the group members. I am the kind of person who is effective but I lay back as a teamplayer. When things go wrong, the leader is going to be blamed for those mistakes. Leaders teach the rest of the group how to comply to rules and work in an orderly, functionable work environment without arguing. There have only been two occupations I have pretended I would enjoy leading. The first would be a fashion designer because I would enjoy being in charge of what other women wear and designing clothing for them. Lastly, I would feel honored to work at Apple as CEO or President because I would work my own hours, choose my own vacation days and be admired by other employees who do not have the seniority that I do.