IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Best lyrics you've ever heard?

Discussion in 'Music' started by allison smith, Jun 1, 2020.

1. allison smith

allison smith New Member

Not necessarily the most catchy song, but the most powerful lyric/ set of lyrics?

2. ok_computer

ok_computer New Member

Dream Brother by Jeff Buckley is so strong that when I'm feeling sad/sensitive it almost makes me cry, when you listen to them after knowing who Jeff Buckley is, you really feel melancholic, he died really young and the lyrics are really heavy.
    I also really enjoy "I Appear Missing" by Queens of The Stone Age, the lyrics are awesome, let alone the instrumental and the whole song, for a Stoner Rock band you wouldn't expect that ammount of effort put in the lyrics of a song, let alone from the same band that sings "Go With The Flow".

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  3. Eagle5467

Eagle5467 New Member

"I just can't stop loving you" by Michael Jackson. Definitely.

4. joandiala

joandiala New Member

As a rap music lover and not based on recent music trend, "J cole and 6lack Pretty little fear" is for ever young, regardless of how many times you've had the song or how old it is, the lyric always has this spark of that same emotional trigger you get from the very first time you listen to the song.

5. silvansgard

silvansgard New Member

"Be good to the people on your way up the ladder cause you'll need them on your way down" is my favourite line in Lucky Dube's 'that's the way it is' song. Actually, all his songs seem to hit me differently. A work of talent.

6. averi

averi New Member

The best song lyrics I ever heard were from a song by Russ and he said "Don't disturb my peace if you're at war with yourself. You could've left me alone, should've left me alone."
    The reason why is because nowadays relationships fail because people are used to not let go of their pride, or that they are too insecure and so they tend to rub their issues or insecurities on their partner instead of just staying single altogether.

7. Carmela

Carmela New Member

My favorite lysic is found on the song " Let her go" by Passengers. And it goes like, " You only need the light when its burning low. Only miss the sun when it starts to snow. Only know you love her when you let her go."

Everytime I listen to this lyric it reminds me of how we always take our friends, familes, and people around us for granted. How we never realize what they mean to us and how much we need them until we lose them.

Thats why I love this song because after I listen to it, I understnad that I should show my love and gratitude to the people around me.

Rivi Veazie likes this.
  8. Hippy

Hippy New Member

The best lyrics that I've heard is from Ghost Town by Kanye West off his Album "YE"

Chorus: Kid Cudi
    I've been tryin' to make you love me
    But everything I try just takes you further from me

Just the way Kid Cudi says this line just speaks to my soul. When ever I would go out and skate, I would play this sound and just feel free.
    I feel like every time I try to do something different, I feel like it no one understands, and it just pushes people away from me because of it.
    idk, but that's just how I feel and this line represents it for me.

9. Brandi

Brandi New Member

Pretty much anything by Eminem. You have to give the man credit, he is like a freaking wizard with lyrics. His lyrics have to be the purest form/ definition of talent I can think of.

Stephan Vas likes this.
  10. Stephan Vas

Stephan Vas New Member

Recently, I've discovered "Strange Fruit". This song has the strongest meaning in my opinion. It means a lot to our society. In addition, another song with powerful meaning is a song of a Russian rap group called "Kasta". Maybe most of you, guys, do not know it, that's not a problem, I will describe the song in a nutshell. The song is like a fairy tale (by the way it is called "Fairy Tale") with a touchy story about our world perception.

11. aroosa mueen

aroosa mueen New Member

For me, the song with the most powerful lyrics will always be "Imagine" by John Lennon. Perhaps I feel so strongly about the lyrics because they align perfectly with my own beliefs. As a person who does not believe in god, or any higher power, the line “Imagine there’s no heaven. It’s easy if you try. No hell below us. Above us only sky” makes me feel seen. It’s not common to hear such godless words in pop culture, especially in a graceful manner. This song has always and will always give me hope. In reality, he’s truly not the only one who feels this way. And alot of the problems the world faces today are a result of greed, religion, borders. As a race we tend to focus more on our differences, and less on our similarities.

12. Shaira

Shaira New Member

"Somewhere in the world you got a robber and a bank. And the bank robbed the people, so the people robbed the bank" The first time I listened to Sabrina Carpenter's song "Thumbs" I actually thought it's just something I could only imagine to relate to, but as I go through the lyrics I realized my impressions were wrong. The song exposes how awful the society can get for individual gains.

13. Tira Love

Tira Love New Member

I actually want this to be my wedding song the lyrics are so magical:

I just wanna see
    I just wanna see how beautiful you are
    You know that I see it
    I know you're a star
    Where you go I follow
    No matter how far
    If life is a movie
    Oh you're the best part, oh
    You're the best part, oh
    Best part...

By H.E.R (Best Part)

14. Tobifads

Tobifads New Member

"Man, I can understand how it might be kind of hard to love a girl like me. I don't blame you much for wanting to be free.
    I just wanted you to know." -Rihanna

It's the level of self awareness in these lyrics for me. I really think the world would be a better place if everyone had this level of self awareness. It's one thing to be toxic, it's another to know that you are.