IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Birth Control Unhealthy??

Discussion in 'Medical' started by Sasha Simmons, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Sasha Simmons

Sasha Simmons Member

I recently had a birth control implant removed after 6 year of continuous use. I decided to lay off the birth control for awhile because of all the bad experiences with the one I removed. I was wondering if there were any safe, non hormonal long term birth control products on the market?

2. lweather

lweather New Member

From personal experiences and research all birth control have side effects, even the ones without hormones. There is the copper iud and that one doesn't have hormones in it and you can leave it in for over 5 years. However there will be changes in your cycle. There is always the option of natural birth control. You can track you cycle manually or use a Lady Comp which makes it easier.

Sasha Simmons likes this.
  3. pixie

pixie New Member

I was using birth control some umpteen years back but made a choice not to {won't delve into the whys and hows}, just wanted to ask if you've checked out this site http://bedsider.org/ ? I understand they are good at what they do, have a look at it, if I make the choice to remove the 'cloak' :D:rolleyes:, that site will be my first to visit :).

Sasha Simmons likes this.
  4. laurie123

laurie123 New Member

I think birth control can be both good and bad. I used to be on the pill three years ago and I should have went with the kind I used to use. I tried something knew and a year later at the end of my last few pills in the pack I got pregnant. Being on it for one year and no problems, then it failed. So, I wouldn't go with any new form of birth control, no matter what method, use something that been around for awhile and works.

5. clickittt

clickittt New Member

I think most birth control (except things like abstinence or condoms which are kind of a hassle and unreasonable) will have hormones. However I've been on several different birth controls in my life including the shot, a few versions of the pill, the IUD and now the Implanon that goes in your arm. I think it comes down to what works for your own body. I know that I hated the shot but my best friend swears by it. I think it has to do with your body's chemistry and through trial and error you can figure out which will work for you. I wish you the best!

6. angele

angele New Member

I've been used implanon for 3years,but to be honest I didn't like it. don't even put those things in your body. I just use only condom

7. MamoniMaity

MamoniMaity New Member

Birth control pills f consumed on a regular basis, do have their own sets of side effects. The more prolonged the use is, more are the associated risk factors. Inserting a Copper T is a good choice while considering contraceptives. It can be kept inserted in the uterus for as long as the female desires. The average life of a copper T varies between 5 to 10 years. But there are certain contraindications indeed. It can be inserted only after the female has given birth to at least one child and she does not have any history of gynaecological disorders.