IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Blended Learning and Online Classes

Discussion in 'Education' started by Eunbi Jung, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Eunbi Jung

Eunbi Jung New Member

Due to the pandemic occurring recently, most schools are encouraging blended learning and online classes to cater and help students attend classes despite the need for physical distancing.

Personally, I do not think blended learning and online classes will be effective in teaching students especially since there are skill-based subjects and courses. However, with people who are used to these types of learning, this system might be effective enough. What do you think about blended learning and online classes? Would it be as effective as face-to-face classes?

2. Murtles2017

Murtles2017 New Member

I'd like to preface this by saying that I am not a student. I hear my son saying coronavirus is ruining his life, and I feel for him, but I'm not the one without school for months. As of August 2020, my son has been back in school, in person, 100% of the time. To date, the school has had 10 positive cases, and they turn their back everytime.
    Online and blended learning may not be the best option for learning, but do take some solace in knowing your school system is trying to keep you, your children, and your families safe. My son's school announced they'll no longer be required to tell parents if their student was in contact with a child who tests positive, as long as the children weren't together more than 15 minutes.
    There is no winner here in the covid crisis. We can keep kids home and they might not learn, or we can send them to school where they might not live.