IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Bodybuilding

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by STEPHANIE HERSHBERGER, Jan 20, 2020.

1. STEPHANIE HERSHBERGER

STEPHANIE HERSHBERGER New Member

What is everyone's take on bodybuilding as a whole? What do you think the advantages and disadvantages of this lifestyle are? What are your thoughts on the use of steroids being outlawed in the United States? Many other countries either allow or even encourage their use. If they were allowed here would you research what the best ones for you are first?

2. STEPHANIE HERSHBERGER

STEPHANIE HERSHBERGER New Member

Okay since nobody is paying attention or is too afraid to answer this I'm going to explain a few things. First, I have a long time friend who is a bodybuilder and we've had this discussion many times. The lifestyle that he lives is completely different than anyone else I know. He eats on an exact schedule and he only eats certain things. He stays on a strict eating schedule and he works out on a strict schedule as well. His life revolves around the schedules that he keeps as well as does his work schedule.

As for the topic of steroids, we've discussed this many times because I was curious. He's done a lot of research into what steroids are permitted in other countries and was able to explain why they are a good thing and also why they are a bad thing. There are advantages and disadvantages with the use of steroids just as there are with everything else in our lives. Used in moderation and properly they can help to enhance what someone already naturally has, but for those who don't have strength or size, using steroids does minimally to help them which leads to them using vastly large amounts and harming themselves. I began looking into things on my own and found out that there are several anabolic steroids that can even fight breast cancer. None of that information is passed to those who are sick because the use is illegal in our country. I understand that using them gives athletes advantage over others who don't, but at the same time in certain settings they are beneficial. If they were at least legal for medical use people would see that there are vast health benefits.