IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Camping and Fishing, a Great Way to Enjoy the Outdoors !

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by Happyflowerlady, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady New Member Moderator

I do not do as many things outdoors as I used to in my younger days; but both camping and fishing are my favorite ways to enjoy being out in nature, and just relaxing and having fun.
    When I was growing up, my folks went camping just about every weekend in the summer, and we usually went up to a beautiful lake , hidden in the Idaho mountains. It was a long trip driving up there, because we had to go on narrow dirt roads, and drive very slowly; but once we arrived at the lake, we usually were the only ones there and could enjoy being out in nature all weekend long.
    Breakfast was pancakes and eggs, cooked over a campfire by my mother, and if we had any fresh trout, then they were on the breakfast menu, as well.
    Sometimes, we were at a lake where it was safe to swim; so I always had my swimming suit along, and enjoyed swimming when we could do that.
    Overall, I think it is just a great way for a family to enjoy spending time together, and doesn't even cost a lot to do it.
    image.jpg

2. jillyan10

jillyan10 New Member

That is a beautiful sight! Have you taken this photo personally? I don't get out much nowadays and have outdoor activities, but I remember when I was in the province and we used to do camping. We have a river in our place so there are times that we visit and camp out there. We go catch fish and swim in the clear and fresh water from the river.
    During my high school years, I have joined the Boy Scout and we go to Boy Scout Jamboree wherein they usually held it in the wilds. We have training out there and community services. The last place we have visited as Boy Scouts before is the one located at Benga Dam here in the Cordillera region. It still has virgin forest and I am sure that you will find animals there to hunt like deers, wild boars, wild cats and others.

3. DonMakaveli7

DonMakaveli7 New Member

What a beautiful photo ! I agree that these two activities are great. I go fishing just to relax. It's not about the fish for me, since i throw every fish back in the water. I enjoy the view and the fresh air the most. I think that we don't appreciate the beauty of mother nature enough. I remember that as a kid, I had the so much fun everytime I went fishing with my father. Camping is great too, but unfortunately I don't know any people near me that are into this activiy. It's a shame that people don't really spend much time in nature these days. Most people tend to choose a night in a hotel over a night spent under the clear sky but I guess that everyone is different.

4. Susan

Susan New Member

We are big fans of camping. We go every weekend of the summer and early fall to a new spot. A few weeks ago we spent three days camping on the beach. It was awesome. We, also, goto various campgrounds and even secluded places in the woods. We have a tent and it was by far the best investment we ever made. We have never been winter camping yet but it is definitely on our bucket list. There is just something so wonderful and relaxing about sitting around a campfire sipping on a cold one.

5. ts5757

ts5757 New Member

I really enjoy camping and seeing all the wildlife. I haven't went camping since I was young. I can remember the trip very well. We had a large tent, was very relaxing to be camping near a creek and listening to the water flow.