IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Can i be happy with money?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Nickson Juma, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Nickson Juma

Nickson Juma New Member

I would rather cry in a Lamborghini than laugh in a bicycle. What about you?

2. MwangiJack

MwangiJack New Member

It is true that money can solve many problems.However,the are exceptions. Life has too much value than money can afford.True love is also worthless. Peace is very necessary in order to enjoy wealth but money will not get you peace.

3. mosesoscar

mosesoscar New Member

People often ask questions like this. Another variant of the above question is the question on whether money is the source of happiness; and to question like these, my answer has remained a "no".

I do not hate money, I'm only of the opinion that money has no will power, and at such doesn't have what it takes to bring happiness, or take I away.

So, if you think money can bring you happiness, and you therefore pursue it, leaving out other things that matter most, you're already on your way to gloom. Money does not bring happiness, neither does it take it away; our attitude towards it is what brings the happiness or take it away.

4. Mr.Lewis

Mr.Lewis New Member

To truly answer the question of "Does money buy happiness", we must view this issue not with the eyes of the successful wealthy individuals, but those who are striving to be us. Greed is a natural part of human nature and it forces our eyes up. We always think of the things in which we need to strive for, the big house, the new car, to be the next Bill Gates. But once we look down upon the people who are less fortunate than us, it is then in which we would be truly happy for what we have. Thus, money can buy greed which accumulates with the increase of wealth, but it cannot buy gratefulness and happiness.

5. jess

jess New Member

Yes,you can be happy with money.Everyone loves money.We work because of money.But love ,family,contentment.These are the things that money can’t buy.These things are the true meaning of happiness.

6. mp0310

mp0310 New Member

:)
    :) Good quote which made me laugh a lot.At this time of my life I enjoy public transportation for one basic reason. The buses and trains are comfortable and you can even have a snooze( with snoring).
    It’s happened to me a couple of times when the driver had to wake me up as we are at the last stop. Also on many occasions I have missed my stop and come back to the place where I have to get to in a grumpy mood, just because I fell asleep.:)

7. Joshua Santos

Joshua Santos New Member

Before I answer your question let me dissect first these to different things called Happy and Joy. Being happy is good, and happiness comes from numerous reasons such as being promoted to your job, winning a jackpot on sweepstakes and etc. On the contrary, joy is when we feel selflessly happy, it is more on how we feel if someones happy. Joy means being contented on what you have and it's a natural feeling, even though we are hurting, joy is still there and that makes us stronger despite of all the bitterness our life has given to us.

For me, yes you can be happy with lots of money, but the joy that you can feel if you do good to others, if you help others and support others that's the most satisfying feeling even 6 feet under you can have a smile in your face. Happiness is temporary but joy focuses on spiritual aspect and it is eternal.