IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Can music help you sleep?

Discussion in 'Music' started by braveyard, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Bill7221

Bill7221 New Member

To some extend it can, but in the end it all narrows down to a person or the type of music being played. Slow music like jazz really contribute to my ease of sleep because it has this soothing effect that helps me to sleep. Some people prefer no music at all when they want to sleep.

Paul likes this.
  2. Paul

Paul New Member

Music does help one sleep indeed. I'm not just saying but I have had an experience. When I was suffering from chicken pox I found it quite hard to get some sleep. And so I took my mp3 player and played my favorite classic songs. They were so soothing that I didnt realize that I was asleep already!
    Music really is medicine for the soul.

3. akjangra

akjangra New Member

Yes, music does help you sleep. There are multiple studies out there which show that music (mainly genres like jazz, classic, etc.) can boost both sleep quantity and quality, and hence can even help people with sleep disorders!

Also, from my personal experience, music can greatly affect out sleep quality. I usually listen to Ed Sheeran or Adele if I'm having trouble falling asleep. Slow music helps, too!

4. Faizan Corbin

Faizan Corbin New Member

Off Course Music Helps me in sleep whenever i cant sleep i put head phones in my ears and starts musics and then music helps me to sleep I Love music and sleeping at same time

5. Onesmus

Onesmus New Member

Yes music can help me sleep. But,the kind of music I choose to listen to makes the difference.Music that has a relatively slow beat helps my body hit its internal snooze button.

When I listen to relaxing tunes for about 45 minutes ,I find myself sleepy and eventually I wake up the following day.This is the type of music thag help me sleep.