IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Can you brush your teeth 3 times a day?

Discussion in 'Health' started by sumon sorwar, Apr 21, 2019.

1. sumon sorwar

sumon sorwar New Member

The truth of the matter is that brushing your teeth three times a day will likely end up damaging your teeth enamel. That's because most toothpaste contains abrasives like silica which helps to remove external stains on your teeth. For best results, most dental experts recommend brushing only twice a day.

2. MaryC

MaryC New Member

I brush twice a day. Morning and evening. In the morning due to work and evening after supper. I can't imagine rushing to brush my teeth in the middle of the day during class.

3. John Reuben

John Reuben New Member

I brush twice per day. morning after wake up or after getting my break fast. Also night after getting supper.

4. alysiaascovani

alysiaascovani New Member

A little over a year ago, I was brushing three times a day. However, I used a plant-based toothpaste, so I doubt that I was damaging my enamel. After getting my wisdom teeth taken out, though, I went back to brushing twice a day. Sometimes, if I'm lazy, I may brush only once a day.

5. Margaret Nyambura

Margaret Nyambura New Member

I used to brush my teeth three time a day before I came to realize it was not advisable through a research as the toothpaste damages the teeth if used more than twice a day. Currently, I brush in the morning after breakfast and before I get to bed.

The most important brushing session of the day is right before you go to sleep. That's because you are more susceptible to tooth decay while you are asleep because saliva production is reduced. Saliva naturally protects your teeth from decay, washing away any acids on teeth.

6. Raja33

Raja33 New Member

No, my mother tried to teach me that when I was little. She was fixated about brushing teeth. I have never learned.
    I brush my teeth once a day and when I am good twice a day but never more than that.

I think like you that the most important thing for the care of the teeth is also to choose a good natural toothpaste without fluoride. There are some agents and chemicals in toothpaste nowadays that do more damage than not brushing the teeth at all! If you find a good one though, I think brushing your teeth three times a day is beneficial.

7. Thesease

Thesease New Member

Due to my depression, even brushing my teeth three times a day becomes a chore to do. I know, it's disgusting, but I really find myself being unproductive that doing these daily tasks makes me think that these are pointless to do. I don't use mouthwash quite often as well.

In a good day, though, I can brush three times a day. I also bought a tongue cleaner that effectively works for me. My breath smells fresher because of it. Even though I don't floss and use mouthwash that often, I hope brushing my teeth could suffice.

8. camilalujan

camilalujan New Member

If you are using fluoride in your toothpaste I do not recommend brushing as often. Fluoride will thin your enamel and it calcifies your pineal gland. I recommend using brands like Toms or Burts Bees. Another great product is the Water Pik. It works wonders on your teeth without the chemicals of any kind of paste! Hope this helps.

9. rovuhaux

rovuhaux New Member

Brushing your teeth more than 2 times a day is not the best scenario for your enamel and gums. Although, using mouthwash is a really good idea between meals.

10. Savion Bynum

Savion Bynum New Member

Wow, that's something new I just learned from you. I never knew that brushing your teeth too much could damage your teeth enamel.

11. tenayie v jakovics

tenayie v jakovics New Member

Not me brushing my teeth after every snack and email. For those of you wondering, that is 6 times a day. I had no idea over-brushing could actually cause harm. Why did nobody tell me this? Growing up, we were always told brushing our teeth several times a day ensured a healthy lifestyle, I did not think that came with a guideline as to the number of times. Well, sorry teeth, thought I was doing you a favor, turns out I was damaging you even more! Wow. Thanks for letting me know, I will use this important new fact to inform everyone I know of this crisis before they proceed to destroy their teeth enamel!