IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Circle of Life - Be trapped or Evolve?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Paran Kapur, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Paran Kapur

Paran Kapur New Member

I have always wondered what reality actually is. What if the world that we are living in right now is nothing nut a simulation, a matrix? There are some researchers who have claimed to have facts that this reality might just be a simulation we are trapped in. Whether or not we choose to believe it, is up to us. We can continue to live in this stimulated reality where the circle of life is constant. We come in this universe, we go through the same systematic routine within the society, being accepted as part of one and die without being of any significance.

What we need is evolution. Evolution of the mind that has tremendous potential to reach stages where a human being can adapt, evolve and gain from the surroundings and from within. The evolution of the spiritual mind is essential in developing deep understanding for the cosmos and the universe and what keep this whole life process running,

2. lxst

lxst New Member

I have thought about this in the past. Have you heard of Sophie's World? It's a story about a story in a story.

That's true. Whether or not our existence is simulated, we are still trapped in our lives. Even if we don't actually "exist" (depending on your definition of existence), we are still here, wherever that is. I'm a believer of causal determinism; that is, all our actions are influenced by past actions, and that free will does not truly exist. Yet still, day after day I continue to make choices.

I'm trapped in this life, and so are you. Whether or not the choices we make are truly ours to make, we still have to take action. Life goes on.