IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Coping with Stress

Discussion in 'Health' started by Shana Peckover, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Osamah7

Osamah7 New Member

Stress can be very dangerous to our health. Fortunately, I rarely get stressed which is definitely a positive! However, when I do get stressed, I have found that the following tip will definitely help to reduce it:

Always think on the bright side. We usually become stressed due to something negative occurring in our lives. When this happens, we should always think about those worse off than us and be thankful that we at least are not in that position. Thinking on the bright side at all times has helped me tremendously and I hope it helps you!

2. Victor Cheruiyot

Victor Cheruiyot New Member

Stress can really affect the human functionality in all spheres.if not well managed it can lead to fatigue,sleep disorder,overeating,sex dysfunction and much more. One has to accept that they have stress.Stress management is a wide spectrum of techniques and psychotherapies aimed at controlling a person's level of stress, especially chronicstress, usually for the purpose of improving everyday functioning. The body,soul and spirit are closely linked and your spirit is wounded and becomes weak you will not be able to function both spiritually and physically.Needless and endless worries weakens your spirit.When you pitty yourself and think evil thoughts,this parading of thoughts coming in and out will affect your life. Many overlook some of the wounds and pain of the past because some of the wounds may have stayed for long in your hearts. Stress can result in anger,bitterness,unforgiveness,resentment and the only solution is to ask God to help you forgive that person in your heart and confess it.

3. angeloflight

angeloflight New Member

Every person has different ways to cope with stress. Everyday we deal with situations in our life that may cause us to be stressed out. Moreover every person has different ways to cope with stress. For me I find that every time I get stressed out I only need to go window shopping. I don't have to buy anything. Most of the time I just check out new stuff. I find that it makes me calmer and makes me forget why I was so stress.But in cases that window shopping is not an option I find writing is my next to go list. I write whatever comes to mind. I rant and curse. Then I tear the piece of paper telling myself that I am a strong person. Well it works most of the time.

4. monaobispo

monaobispo New Member

I admit that I get stress easily. However, my coping mechanism is still strong so I don't get clinically depressed. Clinical depression, from my own understanding, is a sickness that may result from poor coping mechanism from stress. Whenever I get stressed, sometimes I tried to pray. Oftentimes, I go out to eat. When at home, I watch funny Korean TV series or Thai movies or whatever funny English or Tagalog movies. I eat sweets also. Studies show that eating sweets, especially dark chocolates, can help you release happy hormones. I haven't tried going to the gym in order to eliminate stress, but I know it has always been a good idea. Besides, rather than eating where you will gain weight, going to the gym or even staying at your home to exercise is highly recommended for stressed people.

5. houd

houd New Member

Stess is a very common problem, I've dealt with it many times, and I think that the best way to reduce stress in by defining the source of stress and try to solve it .Now , sometimes it's not that easy so there is some mechanisms that might help you get through stress.First things first there is meditation, then healthy food and different kinds of herbal tea , such as lavender and chamomile .One other way to cope with stress is by being organized .

Also I would like to stress on the importance of positives thinking and dealing with different situations as an effective way to help reducing stress, still if you have to deal with stress on daily basis I really recommand visiting a doctor.

6. Margaret Nyambura

Margaret Nyambura New Member

Stress can make your body hurt and you feel sluggish and tired. The following are coping strategies of stress.

practice good sleep hygiene.
    Sleep hygiene involves, avoiding caffeinated and alcoholic beverages close to bed time, practice getting into a relaxed state when you go to bed and shutting off electronic devices.

Giving yourself regular breaks. Give your mind a moment to rest and reorganize, taking break makes you more efficient, more energetic and able to tackle challenges in front of you.

Regularly practice self-soothing techniques. Listening to music, getting a massage, relaxation and yoga are some of the way to self- soothe.