IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Covid 19

Discussion in 'Health' started by Ayraah09, Jun 12, 2020.

?

Do you prefer online or meetings in person?

1. Online

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Meetings In Person

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Both

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Ayraah09

Ayraah09 New Member

In the past few months, Covid 19 has taken over the world, not letting any of us get out of our houses and having a drastic change in our daily lifestyles. What is the most tremendous change it has had on your lifestyle? Personally, for me, it is the fact of online meetings, human interaction is just not the same. Do you prefer online or meetings in person?

2. Elliot

Elliot New Member

Hey, Ayraah! I've almost always been a virtual student so the transition into these online platforms wasn't something new for me. I think the hardest part was realizing that everything was going virtual - even things like testings and field trips. I don't really go out that much in the first place so it felt a little silly being taken back by this (and who wants to take tests anyway??), but at the same time I could really feel that isolation kicking in.

"Human interaction is just not the same." You're completely right. A face on the screen can't replace the hugs when we go and greet each other, the laughs we can hear right as we sit next to each other. And while it's true that many areas are slowly getting out of lock-down and trying to get back into the swing of things, it just isn't the same. We can't interact like we used to and everything feels stiff and cold. Hopefully I'm not the only one who feels the same way, even as a socially awkward introvert.

Anyway, to the original topic, I honestly prefer a bit of both. I like how virtual meetings are flexible and easy to work it, but it can feel isolating sometimes, and can make you feel a little lazy. I've learned to work with a bit of both and I know many of us have to learn that skill as well since there's no guarantee how even we'll get to meet up this year. Stay safe, everyone.

3. purpleee

purpleee New Member

I agree that human interaction is not the same anymore. This is why I prefer meetings in person since I can see facial expressions of people clearly. I can see and react to the nonverbal expressions of people accurately. Currently, Covid-19 virus forced schools to shift their mode of teaching to online platforms. The downside of this is that my attention span was never the same anymore. I find it difficult to look at the screen for a long period of time without looking randomly at the walls of my room. I know I have to condition myself soon since the pandemic was really unexpected. I hope I adapt soon to this new setup of meeting people on screens.