IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Desktop or laptop?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by jason bourne, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Liza40

Liza40 New Member

I am both a freelance writer and a student. I carry my laptop to class and back to my house. I wouldn't carry a desktop to class - That would be hilarious, right? I would prefer a laptop to a desktop because of portability.
    I also like a desktop because of its vast storage space and hence easy for gaming and other major purposes like selling softwares. I like a laptop because it's easy to store in a safe place compared to a desktop which is enormous and hard to store.
    I chose a laptop!

2. GeorgeDr

GeorgeDr New Member

That is a hard question, if you really HAVE to choose between the two and can't have both , a good desktop and a mediocre laptop for example. My opinion is that this depends on your personality and schedules. If you are the type of person that works with your computer only in your home , play heavy duty games or need to process large amounts of data i would say get a desktop.

On the other hand , if you have to use a computer wherever you are , need flexibility or just use a computer for low key games and just studying the laptop is the best option for you. I myself as i said would advise to get a really good desktop for heavy works and a low specs laptop for less demanding jobs and flexibility. :cool:

3. Parag Joshi

Parag Joshi New Member

Given a choice between the laptop and a desktop, I will always go for my laptop. The main reason for choosing a laptop over the desktop is the mobility that a laptop offers to me

A laptop can be used anywhere you go. I think it's a preferred choice of everyone who does need to move around due to there work. In the case of a desktop you do need to be sitting down on the desk for the entire duration of time when you are using it. Other than this big difference there is not much of a difference in the features and functions of the desktop and a laptop.

4. Meshack Bwoyele Keya

Meshack Bwoyele Keya New Member

I do most of my work on a smartphone. This gadget has proved to be very efficient and easy for me. I use it anywhere and it has never let me down. A smartphone is just as good as a computer or laptop. It is even more

5. JM0315

JM0315 New Member

I like the convenience of being able to take my laptop with me wherever I go. But when it comes to editing photographs, I prefer working on my desktop computer. The screen is much larger and I am able to perfect details that I may have missed, using the laptop.

I guess you can say that I prefer them equally.

6. TaguroPart3

TaguroPart3 New Member

If I want to play games or for gaming, I really prefer desktop. Desktops are more flexible when it comes to modifications and upgrades. But for doing documents, I prefer using laptops. I both have one but I prefer my laptop over it simple because I can get a more comfortable position in both playing games or creating documents. My laptop can also do pretty much everything that my desktop can. Portability is a big factor for me when choosing between the two. I always need to do documents and laptop is the better pick. If I would choose between the two, I prefer laptops over desktops. A high-end laptop would do the trick.

7. BlazingFlash97

BlazingFlash97 New Member

I personally prefer a laptop over a desktop any day of the week. This is due to me finding it a bit more comfortable being able to transport your computer anywhere you please. I may be a bit biased to this subject because I am often moving around a lot more than the average person with basic laptop.