IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Did you like How I Met Your Mother's Ending

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Daneil, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Daneil

Daneil New Member

WARNING [SPOILERS AHEAD]..... duhh

So HIMYM was an amazing TV show and it was full of laughs and cries. There were many great episodes,lines,jokes and plots. Also loved all the character development specially for Barney.

That's where my "complaint" begins. I also saw this in a lot of Youtube comments. The fact that Barney's wedding proposal was on of the biggest things to Happen to Barney's character, was essentially useless as it had just become the path for their Divorce and for Ted to try ANOTHER relationship with his "Actual first true love" with Robin.

What are your thoughts on the ending?

2. ardenfriar

ardenfriar New Member

To be honest, I didn't love HIMYM's ending. He spent 9 seasons leading up to meeting the mother, and the mother was only in it for 1/2 seasons. I feel like it could have had a longer segment with the mother, because she felt very insignificant.

I couldn't have picked anyone else for Ted Mosby to end up with. Robin and him went through thick and thin, but they finally ended up together, giving me a little bit of relief, but I still wished they added the mother in more.