IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do artists lead a life more peaceful than others?

Discussion in 'Art' started by bizaliewpluto, Jul 7, 2020.

?

Do artists lead a life more peaceful than the others?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bizaliewpluto

bizaliewpluto New Member

When I say artist, I refer to everyone from a poet to a fashion designer. Do they lead a life more peaceful than the others?
    Some will say yes as an artist is capable of complex expressions and because of that possesses a certain amount of peace of mind. Something apparently lacking among the non-artist population.

Kayla Dunaway likes this.
  2. Kayla Dunaway

Kayla Dunaway New Member

I say yes because, as an artist, I always feel more at peace when I am working on something. It allows freedom of thought. The ability to look at things in a new light. Even if you feel pressured to meet a deadline or do the project a certain way. We're able to be 100% in the moment of our work. If everyone could feel that it would make the world a better place.

3. LesbianRaichu

LesbianRaichu New Member

I think its a interesting question. It could be said that artists are more in touch with themselves, thus they are more at peace, but on the other hand, some of our greatest artists didn't live peaceful lives at all. They were burdened by thoughts that would never occur to others, things like their mortality, the meaning of life, the complex social structures that run through their society. I suppose it could be said that someone who mindlessly paints, someone like Bob Ross, would be more at peace. Those who are obsessed with capturing unique human emotions through different mediums of art, however, do not live the most peaceful lives. The best art is that in which we suffer for.