IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do modern electronic devices look too similar?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by MegaManX, Jun 15, 2015.

1. MegaManX

MegaManX New Member

Lately I've found myself disinterested, in many of the smart phones and tech gadgets available in the marketplace. Don't get me wrong, the technology is amazing and what these devices can do boggles the mind. These are incredibly powerful and feature-rich devices that do improve our lives, if used correctly.

Unfortunately, all these electronic marvels are resembling each other more and more, particularly in aesthetics. Just the other day I mistook one of Microsoft's new phones for a Samsung Galaxy. I understand that functional design is of importance but it seems that manufacturers are playing it safe.

Wouldn't it be great if we could have some unique looking electronics in the market?

2. bluegreen

bluegreen New Member

Well, companies tend to produce what the buyers like. SO unfortunately they are making more and more similar devices so they can sell them to the crowd. A unique looking device would be too risky because the current line of design is the most complete (comfort, style, simplicity etc). Well this is my opinion, I would like what the others have to say!

3. panzerhacker

panzerhacker New Member

Most of the time when innovation happens in the industry it's in the hardware not the looks. For example each generation of phone from companies like Apple and Samsung keep getting more powerful as consumer demands start to need more power in their phones. Even with this it's got to the point where the small electronic device you carry around in your pocket every day could be more powerful then a small laptop. It's quite interesting how they pull this off.