IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do You Believe We Can Heal Ourselves Without Conventional Medicine?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Dinbanks, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Dinbanks

Dinbanks Member

I have seen a lot of videos and documentaries on how many people in parts of Asia, Africa, and Central/South America practice the art of self healing and have absolutely no need for medical practitioners. The more I research this topic the more I believe that each of us does have this capability. Unfortunately we have been so mentally conditioned since birth to believe that we need doctors, hospitals, and most of all the pharmaceutical industry in order to maintain healthy lives.

Do you think each of us has that Jesus like ability to heal ourselves?

2. kuyarobi

kuyarobi New Member

We all have immune systems. That is the greatest healer of all time. It is not biblical or grown in a science lab. It is human physiology.

The human immune system can and will heal most, if not all ailments that the body has or will contract. The unfortunate side of this is that human diet has gone from natural animal protein and organic vegetables, to processed foods and genetically modified organism that are consumed on a daily basis.

When the natural human body is consuming unnatural foods, that is when the immune system is weakened to the point where it can no longer defend your body from bacteria and viruses. That is where the pharmaceutical companies come in and supply you with "numbing"pills to get you by, and never cure you.

You are set free into the world where the cycle of eating unhealthy and paying for more pills is a constant.

3. yoyo88

yoyo88 New Member

I think a lot of medication used today does more harm than healing all together. When you start on medication it leads to more medication for the side affects .

4. Ilarson

Ilarson New Member

I agree. I think another problem western people have is living in too clean environments and being too afraid of germs. Being exposed to them is actually another important factor in keeping our immune systems strong enough to defend our bodies against disease and not getting sick as bad when we do catch something. Many allergies today are results of not being exposed to certain bacteria.

The only field where we could be able to effectively 'heal ourselves' is our minds and to a limited extent at that too. Loosely scripted antidepressants and such are causing a lot for problems for many mental patients out there.

5. jakeayres

jakeayres New Member

As long as your treatment has been tried and tested in a controlled manner and been rigorously shown to be effective, I think it is reasonable to use it. The fact is that conventional medicine is only termed 'conventional' because it has been through a rigorous trial period to show statistically how effective it is. Of course there are side effects and risks to some treatments, but their risks have been statistically evaluated and compared to the benefits. A trained medical professional is able to assess these factors and offer treatments that best suit a particular patient.

I don't think the prevalence of modern medicine can be faily attributed to mental conditioning by the pharmaceutical industry. The fact is, there is a wealth of peer-reviewed evidence to suggest that treatments work within well defined conditions. Belief needs to be evidence-based.

6. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member

I believe that there is something to be had from all approaches. The medical practice I go to for primary care incorporates homeopathic practitioners and some eastern medicine in with conventional western medicine. many people have found this to be a successful approach to healing and general wellness.

7. fmseee

fmseee New Member

Well personally I don't think we can magically get healed and we get some Jesus like abilities. I think conventional medicine is useful, however, it still isn't perfect and there usually are side effects when we use them. I think there are home remedies for not so heavy medical cases that could be of use.

8. FireOnIceCream

FireOnIceCream New Member

Conventional medicine is still important, it will never go out of style. There are still many people who have a good respond to it. But, I also believe in eastern healing or like a quack doctor we call in Asia. I have seen many from my relatives and neighbours , who have been healed from this. With chants and drinking some tree roots immersed in water. There are just some unexplainable things around us that can't be explain in science. If it doesn't hurt us and could be beneficial for us then it's worth a try.