IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you buy goods online?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by Tianambula, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Tianambula

Tianambula New Member

I buy goods online especially when I find them unique. It saves me time to move from one shop to another comparing prices.

2. NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja New Member

I agree, I also buy stuff online from time to time. It saves a lot of time, effort and gas money if it comes with free delivery. I also do check if there is a Cash On Delivery option, I am still somehow hesitant to share my banking information online.

When I do buy things online, it is mostly training courses on Udemy, it is more practical, convenient and even cheaper compared to enrolling physically in a training institute here in my country. You don't follow a certain schedule, you study on your own time right at the comfort of your own home.

3. Nerdy

Nerdy New Member

I definitely agree with the time saving factor that online shopping comes with, the fact that you can choose the goods you wish to purchase and in a few hours they are right at your door step is something that keeps me shopping online.

The other benefits that online shopping comes with is being able to get the items cheaper than you would at the store, this is because the retailer is not charging you extra to cover their rent . The rapid growth of online shopping has allowed us to shop anything from our favourite clothing item to our favourite food item.

4. MsExquisite

MsExquisite Member

Buying goods online is a new phenomenon way to shop now for people who stay on the go and that's why Amazon, eBay, and Craigslist just to mention a few profit margins are rocket roof. A lot of times you don't have time to go into a brick and mortar location to shop; due to the traffic the long lines and the patience of dealing with people so sometimes I want to shop in my own comfort zone where I have peace and I am at my own will and sometimes I find better discounts. In today's society with all of these new technologies that are available, you don't even have to leave your house for nothing anymore even to eat with all of the delivery food service companies that are available.

5. Shixmel

Shixmel New Member

I love shopping online, especially on Amazon and eBay. I always get great deals and unique items that would otherwise be hard to get in my country.

6. Shixmel

Shixmel New Member

I love shopping online, especially on Amazon and eBay. I always get great deals and unique items that would otherwise be hard to get in my country.

7. yuleidys caraballo

yuleidys caraballo New Member

Actually I differ from the previous comments, I have not had good experience with the purchase by internet, once wanted to make one purchase, all very well, but when you get to pay with my credit card, the system I reported as error, truth, this was all a sufr maintenance, my first thought was that the card was blocked at the Bank, in fact, was not, keep trying and nothing, at a time it seemed that I process the payment, but not actually never did, really which was very irritating, especially because the terror feels you process several times the same payment, clear this is not something that happens to everyone, but this experience has made having a negative view with shopping over the internet. fact was not, keep trying and nothing, at a time it seemed that I process the payment, but not actually did, really which was very irritating, especially because the terror feels you process several times the same payment, clear this is not something that happens to everyone, but this experience has made having a negative view with shopping over the internet.

8. Im_Gervin

Im_Gervin New Member

Yes. I do buy some. But I have standards and I carefully pick what to buy online and what to buy personally. Expensive good is a big risk. What if the product is broken or damage/incomplete, it will be a hassle to contact the retailer and ask for a refund or replacement. It will take days pr a couple of weeks, even worst is it may take months. I only buy the products that I can afford the risk, such as flashdrive and furniture. But electronics devices such as television and mobile phones should be personally bought. Because resolution/graphics device may vary online. You don't want to risk your hard earned money right?

I'm not a person that when I see some discounted products online I will buy it immediately without hesitating. I analyze first before using my card and will also consider, if I really need that thing. Books are exception they are worth it to buy online, cheap, convenient and on really good prices. Same goes for movies. My tip on buying goods online, take an extreme caution and buy only on reliable and safe website. Don't share your personal informations on the internet especially people you don't know, that might be a scam. Also pay attention to the taxes and shipping fee, sometimes they are more expensive than the good itself.

9. Vosti wesh

Vosti wesh New Member

No. I am a risk-averse person so I prefer not to buy goods online. There are several risks that come in hand with buying of goods online. Buying goods online consumes much time due to delivery whereas going to the market and buying whatever you need is much time-saving. Also, you may order something from a site and when it is delivered, it doesn't seem to the be the same that you saw from a picture. This means there is less customer satisfaction. Lastly, I believe that you may also be scammed easily and this is because there is less customer to seller interaction. To me id rather not buy goods online.

10. BrightJoe

BrightJoe New Member

Honestly, I have made more purchases from the internet this year than what I have gotten offline and the reason is simply that I see it as one of the best ways that I can save time while buying the things that I want from online stores. I have also come to realize that some of the trusted online stores that I get my products from delivering the best as regards up to date when we talk of the edition of the items. Buying online has become a habit for me and it is something that I am going to continue doing since it makes buying easier for me

11. hasany123

hasany123 New Member

Yes,online shopping is very easy. Films have been made about it and many people get goods from stores only available online. Also it's very easy to return things because refunds are your friend. You can buy clothes,try them on in the comfort of your own home and send back the one that don't fit.

12. yhanne

yhanne New Member

yes.. sometimes...but most of the item I bought are damage...especially those appliances...that's why I rather to buy clothes and etc...except appliances.....that's base on my experience and that's only my opinion..maybe it just happened that all the item I bought has damage...but to they are good...

13. mark

mark New Member

I used to buy things online which is I preferred. There were times that I dont have enough time to shop in the grocery or in the department store. I shopped in Ebay and other local online shops here in my country. Buying online has a lot of risks. Sometimes they deliver you a wrong items or damaged one. When you decided to return it,It would take a long time before they give you a new items. Although these kind of mess was happened to me before I still keep on patronizing it maybe because it is the easiest way for me to shop. Hassle free.

14. EZREAL

EZREAL New Member

Yes I do, but it depends on what product I am about to purchase and whom I am buying from. At first, online shopping can be very scary, you just have to find a legitimate store to shop at. Always keep in mind that your money is at stake. And because online shopping has been trending since the millennium, I have chosen this topic to be discussed in my thesis when I was in college.

The main advantage internet has provided us when it comes to online shopping, is convenience. We can experience a hustle free shopping in which we can avoid long lines in the counter, annoying crowd and exhausting travel. It is very convenient to the point that you can do it in bed, on your pajamas and before you sleep. In online shops, there are a wide variety of products posted and available to choose from. We can easily get the details and compare them eventually to the products of other stores.

Unfortunately there are inevitable drawbacks of online shopping. You can’t always expect that what you saw at the online shop is what you will get when it arrives, because you haven’t actually seen, felt and smelled the product. Close examination of the product is very important. In some unfortunate event, the image of the product posted online varies from its real physical appearance. Late deliveries also happen sometimes and some product might even be damaged when it arrives. Sadly, online shops rarely offers warranty and mostly imposed “no return, no exchanged” policy. And most importantly, frauds and bogus online sellers and even online shoppers are still wandering around the web. Both parties should be more careful with that.

Base on my personal story, my online shopping experiences all went well. I bought clothes and chocolates from some of my friend’s online store and it was all in good faith when it arrived. I haven’t tried buying from people and store I am not familiar with because I’m a little bit scared of internet fraud. I suggest that you should only purchase from a store who has already established credibility. It’s fine to ask proof of delivery and testimony from other clients. Both traditional and online shopping possesses pros and cons. But what you will miss the most from traditional shopping is the “over persuading” sales representative who exceed beyond hospitable; whom already asking what you need long way before you enter the front door.

15. Lushh

Lushh New Member

I do a lot of my shopping online especially for items I do not need immediately. It's more convenient for me to sit in the comfort of my home and do all the research I need while going back and forth from product to product or store to store. Shopping online also saves me time and eliminates some stress from the shopping experience.

16. Orange40

Orange40 New Member

Yes. it is convenient to purchase online. It saves time and hassle free. But with me, I don't purchase online products because I'm always scared that I might receive damage items. It is not easy to return and be replace immediately. Besides, online reputable seller is difficult to distinguish especially on international market. So, i prefer to shop on malls.

17. Vu Duc Dung

Vu Duc Dung New Member

Sometimes, in modern life, with high speed internet and technology, we can easy to buy and order goods online. The online buying helps me save time to do other jobs and we don't need to go out.
    But the negative thing with shopping online is some goods we receive not the same we order:(:(:(

18. Juno Jayn

Juno Jayn New Member

I definitely do. There's a wider range of options when you shop online, especially if you live in a smaller town or city. It's more efficient than shopping in person because you can cut down on travel time, waiting in lines, and online stores don't usually have as many out of stock items. Though, if you need something right away or it's just a small thing, it is much easier to run to the store and get it.

For me, it's a lot better to online shop because I don't tend to have much free time if any. It stinks having to wait for the product to arrive, but it's a lot easier to pull out my laptop and order something in under five minutes than to rearrange my whole schedule so I can go shopping.

19. EbonyPassion2465

EbonyPassion2465 New Member

I also buy goods online. Why?

1. It's easy. There are ... probably millions of online stores out there. Amazon, Microsoft, and Dell are just a few I can think of from the top of my head. You can look through all of these stores, pick out the items you want, add them to your shopping cart, and hit Order.

2. It's safe. As long as the platform in question uses a secure payment platform, the risk of having your card information is significantly lower than that of handing your card over to a store representative in a physical store.

3. It's convenient. As the previous poster said, while it may be a bit inconvenient to wait for the goods to arrive, when they do, you can choose how and where you get them. For example, if you live in a sketchy neighborhood, you can choose, at least with Amazon, to have your items delivered to your door, or to an Amazon locker location near you. Then, it's either a step out of your house/apartment, or a quick trip to the nearest locker location.

20. DianeScorpion

DianeScorpion New Member

I do most of my shopping online, and that includes my weekly food shop. I really wouldn't like to go back to the traditional way of visiting a supermarket. For one thing, I don't like queuing, and I actually used to spend more money, as something would inevitably catch my eye as I was wandering around. I work from home, so having other items such as clothes or gadgets that can be ordered online is so convenient, and I will always be in to receive the parcels.