IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you clear your browsing history?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by mildredtabitha, Aug 25, 2017.

1. mbgd1010

mbgd1010 New Member

Wow! this is a great help. I never knew that it can slow the browser. Thanks for the great info especially #2.

I will have to clear my browsing history from time to time from now on. Thanks again!

2. Rommel

Rommel New Member

Yes, When i felt like my computer slows I clean everything including removing browsing history. That is well also for security purpose sometimes but main purpose is for your browser to perform faster. Not just the history will be removed also those cache and that will make faster browsing for you. (^_^)

3. Festus

Festus New Member

I have seen some really wonderful contributions already. I just joined the forum and this is a very good question, I am learning already.
    I do clear my browsing history sometimes, usually when my browser begins to slow down. And from the information I have gotten here, I see the need to clear my browsing history more often, solely for security purposes.

4. Bellapette

Bellapette New Member

Nope. Have no reason to.

5. Katie365

Katie365 New Member

Just in case i want to return to a site in future i keep my browsing history intact. I like to know where I've been. However if I'm on a site that i wouldn't want anyone to know about I delete that site only from my history. Having your browsing history can be useful for example on your laptop for quick links and such. When it comes to security I don't input any of my bank details you can't be too careful.

6. splendour12

splendour12 New Member

Yes but mostly when I have some secrets I wouldn't want anyone else to know about. Trust me I always do, so i wipe of the history almost all the time. But aside hiding something from someone, my browser history is always intact because sometimes I would want to get back to a site I had already visited and would have probably forgotten the details then I can quickly check my history for back up. Some other times I wipe it off if it becomes too much.

7. SweetLang

SweetLang New Member

I search some of the most twisted and disturbing stuff on Google so yeah, I do a clean sweep of my browsing history every once in a while. I know, Incognito Mode exists. Sometimes I just forget to use it so a little cleaning is necessary, especially when someone else is about to use my laptop.

8. AlexHarris

AlexHarris New Member

Actually, I don't generally as it can be frustrating to retrace my steps if I don't have any log to remind me of where I was. If there's anything that I don't want to stick, I simply open an incognito tab for the duration of said activity then go back to the normal browser. Also, things like username, passwords, email addresses, and other information are generally removed with your browsing history unless you choose not to. So I feel that's another downside to erasing your browsing history and depending on your browser, the loss of cookies could prove annoying when sites have configured preferences.

9. rlpzbeermoney

rlpzbeermoney New Member

I'm a very secretive person at heart. I don't let other people use or even touch my devices. Because of that I see no need in deleting my browser history. Though I do have it set to delete my history, cache and cookies every month but that's just me cleaning my computer once in a way. And even then I have nothing to hide inside my browser history.

The only time I'll delete my browser history is when I'm using another person's computer or when I'm using a public computer. I'm even scared to enter my passwords and credentials using them. I feel this constant fear that someone might be logging my credentials. That's why I'm kind of paranoid about these things.

10. plump_plum

plump_plum New Member

Yes, I make it a point to clear my browser history as well as cache and cookies. It helps a lot in your device's speed and it saves a lot of data. There was a time when I did not care about this, and my data surged 3x my normal usage. When I called tech support, it was pointed out to me that clearing the data in your browser helps with this issue. Since then I never went over my data cap which means faster internet browsing.

11. Zephaniah

Zephaniah New Member

I normally clear my browsing history because it prevents my accounts from being accessed by others and is enhances privacy so it's good to clear the browsing history.

12. RedFox01

RedFox01 New Member

Yeah, I clear mine once in a while for chrome to run better and protect my info.

13. BlazingFlash97

BlazingFlash97 New Member

Browsing history seems to take up free storage in the form of junk files and should be occasionally wiped every now and then. Some may see it as such a small task but as the temporary files build up over time it becomes a leading factor in slowing down a basic PC