IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Do you consider makeup an art?

Discussion in 'Art' started by CloClo, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace New Member

This is a little bit of a touchy subject for me, since I used to strongly despise those who chose to use makeup (in today's society, a little like rebelling against feminity), character aside. I do, now, consider it an art. I don't choose to practice it, but I've seen the wonders makeup can create, so I've gained a new respect.

2. sanjeev kumar

sanjeev kumar New Member

Yesterday I saw a Bollywood movie named FAN in which a Shahrukh Khan a Bollywood Superstar played double role. Face of One character among double roles left me shocked as it was totally different from Original one. A person of 50 years age was totally looking as 20 years old that too with different face cutting and different placement of organs. After Google it I found that it is the result of prosthetic makeup. Hats off to professionals who learn such difficult techniques that can totally transform someone's face. Makeup is more then Art for me.

3. penarboska

penarboska New Member

Just like paint brushes to an easel donned by watercolors; so is your lovely face to cosmetics. I do not wear makeup but my 17 year old does .Making up your face before you go outside, is a form of creating art. I enjoy the different colors of the blushes, eyeshadows, eyeliners and mascaras and whatever character you desire to be, you could make yourself look that way for a few days. The unpainted canvas is your face, your cheekbones. When you are ready to go that birthday party, you paint it with wonderful hues of plum or maroon, you paint your lips a gorgeous tint of red and your out the door. When I was in high school, Revlon invented mascaras, in shades of blue and brown, and I purchased myself a blue one. I went to school the next day wearing my artwork of displaying these electric blue eyelashes I had painted on. The 1980's were a fun time to be a teenager.

4. gioia.zema

gioia.zema New Member

Absolutely yes!! Honestly, sometimes, I wonder how they make such perfect lines on the skin. Choose the combination of colors, which products to put on and really create something on someone's face. I find it fantastic. I saw many videos where the makeup covered flaws or skin spots and made these people so happy.

Although I believe that makeup should not become a mask because people's faces are beautiful even with imperfections. If the face is "clean" then something comes through that you can't see with too much makeup.

5. hafsa--123

hafsa--123 New Member

Your skills are your art. Anything that you do in the best way is art. If you are able to create new ideas in any field than you have art of that field. Likewise if you have skills of makeup than it is also an art made by you.

6. Delmierose

Delmierose New Member

While numerous individuals may not value the specialty of cosmetics for what it is, cosmetics is viewed as an artistic expression. A bit of the populace still observes the utilization of beauty care products as a vain endeavor to change your identity and what highlights you were brought into the world with. For me, It is an Art where we express who are we really are and there are artistic tools and elements used in makeup Industry.

7. anthonyhurtadox

anthonyhurtadox New Member

It's technically an art form that's not a debate. I think the problem is we tend to associate art with something that's important. To avoid problems, its easier to recognize that there is a hierarchy of art forms wherein cosmetics would rank lower than the traditional art forms such as writing and painting.

8. Sandra Taylor

Sandra Taylor New Member

Yes, I do. I'm an amateur at doing make-up, and don't wear it very often. But, I've been watching some make-up tutorials on Youtube and the results are shocking. Especially, when asian women take off their make-up and there is a whole new person in the video. It's kind scary though.